jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

My comments are coming through as spam for some reason?

1. tw6852 profile image60
    tw6852posted 3 years ago

A hub I just commented on responded that my comment came through as spam.  Does anyone know why this happens? 

She wrote some poetry and I read it and liked it.  It was a beautiful little poem so I just said thanks for sharing and that I liked it.

Why would this happen?

1. CraftytotheCore profile image98
      CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I noticed that on a question I posted in the answer section.  A person made a very nice comment and I was notified that it was spam.  I had to click on not spam for the comment to go through which it finally did.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

relache is correct, tw6852. Multiple similar, short, very general comments are often recognized as spam, even if they are written with good intentions. It's a good idea to add a bit of detail to your comments (like mentioning what you liked about the Hub). Detailed comments and feedback are more useful to the Hubber and less likely to be mistaken for spam.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

If you make very generalized comments (usually just a few words) and make the same comment on multiple hubs, the system will tend to classify those comments as spam. 

Making genuine comments that actually discuss the hub subject or engage with comments by others is how to avoid being filtered as a repetitive "nice hub!" spammer.

1. tw6852 profile image60
      tw6852posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yea good call relache.  Heaven forbid I say something like nice hub, haha.