jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How do I upload a saved screen shot?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 3 years ago

I need your help fellow hubbers. I have created a screen shot of one of my hubs.
    I saved it and when I try to upload it for a photo or link to my next hub, it is not working.
    It says that I need a jpg. How would I go about showing the saved screen shot on
    a new hub?  Thank you for your help. I will be sure to return the favor by tweeting
    2 hubs of your choice for a full week at least 1 x a day! This is my thank you for the help.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you're on a PC then you should have MS Paint.  What you can do in that case is hit the "print screen" or "prnt scrn" button, then open a new canvas in Paint, then hit Ctrl + v to copy the screenshot into Paint.  From there you can crop it as needed and save the image as a jpg. 
      (No need to tweet my hubs as thanks, I don't want you to get into trouble for spamming. smile )

Jo_Goldsmith11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

you are so funny! I don't spam. If I tweet someone in recognition for how awesome they are, it is because they deserve to be tweeted and appreciated. Thanks for the help. :-)

2. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you are using Windows7 you could also use the 'Snipping Tool' located in the Accessories file under All Programs. It has a pair of scissors as an icon and is pretty easy to use. Save the 'snip' to your desktop and it will save as a .jpg file smile
      As c-g says don't worry about the tweeting smile 
      Good luck!

Thank you. Yes, I will tweet. I am a woman of my word. :-)
        I appreciate the help, I really do. Take care. :-)

3. KenDeanAgudo profile image75
      KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Easy and you will do this within 3 minutes. Find the ( prt sc) button in your keyboard press it when you wanted to print screen a page then paste it in powerpoint. Cut the picture and right click and click (save as picture) then finish ..
      try it

Thanks. I will give this a try too. I have an old PC and it has
        Windows 7 on it.  It was the paint portion of the step that I keep missing. Hope you have a great weekend. :-)

working