jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Question About Referral Views/Stats

1. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 3 years ago

If you've referred people and you go here: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/trackers you see a list of your referrals. 

On the right hand side is a column entitled "traffic to Hubs".  Does anybody know the answer to this question:

As a referrer I get 10% of the impressions.  If the column says that my referrals have 10,000 views according to that right hand column, does that mean "MY" ID has shown 10,000x, or does it mean my referrals' hubs were viewed 10,000x and my share of that is 1,000?

Anyone know?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You don't get 10% of the impressions (a 10% cut of the earnings).  You get a 10% timeshare of the impression time (your code shows on those pages 10% of the time). 

There's a significant difference. 

Also, impression time doesn't correlate directly to Hub views (you don't get 1 impression per view), so the formula you are trying to work out is moot.

earnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, that's just being pedantic smile

OK, so sometimes there aren't any ads, so 10% of nothing is nothing.

But, trying to get a clue as to the meaning of the numbers.

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That number is the total traffic to all of those user's hubs, so your share would be 10% of that.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I have a user with 500,000 views. Going by impressions on Adsense, I have got about 50,000 impressions from him. smile You can check in Adsense what subdomains are showing your adverts.

earnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It wasn't one user, so would have taken effort ... plus, I can never get the maths to stack up when I've had a look in analytics/adsense.

Cheers everybody for answering.  The figure involved wasn't 10k, it was closer to 3mill.  I used 10k as an example, to stop the wrong sort of comments if I'd said that up front.