jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Cleaning House Has Helped My Traffic

1. SoundNFury profile image83
    SoundNFuryposted 3 years ago

I took a hard line last week and eliminated about 30% of my then-total hubs.  These were hubs that were just not performing that well.  Since then, I have noticed about 30% more traffic to my other hubs.  It it worked for me maybe it can work for others as well, who may be thinking about getting rid of underperforming hubs.

1. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good news, congrats!

2. gabgirl12 profile image79
      gabgirl12posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The same has worked for me. As they say less is more. smile

1. Rock_nj profile image90
        Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Having less Hubs by getting rid of the ones that never or rarely get any traffic and have no chance of getting traffic makes it easier to focus on the Hubs that actually get traffic.  I haven't tried this yet, but I know I have a few candidates for deletion.

2. SoundNFury profile image83

thank you snakeslane!

smile

3. SoundNFury profile image83

of course it could just be a coincidence, lol.

Uh oh, don't go there!

4. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

Traffic is up since last week - maybe your hubs that you removed would have seen a boost also - but you will never know..

Hard to tell what makes a difference at the minute as HP and Google are changing so many things too often to be able to nail any change to a specific cause - personally I still think it is the pixies and gnomes!

5. SoundNFury profile image83

LeanMan - true...whatever the reason, I'll take the increase!  Just hoping it continues.  Glad to hear traffic is up overall.

6. jeffreymaskel profile image83
    jeffreymaskelposted 3 years ago

Yeah I would be interested to know if your traffic would have gone up or not.  If it was because of you pulling those hubs off your profile why do you think that would cause that to happen?  Very interesting.

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jeffrey; Google now measures the quality of a page according to the quality of the whole site (domain?) If google feels that some pages are not "quality" it will penalize the whole site not just the pages it does not like.
      Hence the move by HP to de-index pages that google sends no traffic to

7. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Someone else had mentioned that this happened to them too.  I find it interesting since the idled hubs was supposed to do automatically what you did manually (at least in Google's view).   Did you remove any hubs that were not idled?

1. SoundNFury profile image83
      SoundNFuryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All of the hubs that I removed were still featured.  I wanted to see if it would make a difference.  I had never noticed a significant change with idled hubs when I had them.

8. healthylife2 profile image93
    healthylife2posted 3 years ago

I'm going to attempt that experiment and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

1. ologsinquito profile image93
      ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Traffic seems to be up for a lot of people. I've been slowly updating old hubs and that seems to have helped.

working