jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Links to Another Hub

1. xypherfarrell profile image91
    xypherfarrellposted 3 years ago

i put links to other hubs within my hubs.

does that pull down the score of my hubs?

sorry if this question has been answered already.

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about the score, it is meaningless to both google and your reader.

If the link provides the reader with relevant information that adds to the value of the hub then fine.. if it is a link to a hub about making jam on a hub about fixing your car then maybe not so good........

2. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Usually it does not, it depends how you do it and where you place them. Plus do not repeat the same ones too often.

3. awordlover profile image90
      awordloverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I along with 3 other writers have assumed awordlover's account. What we have found is that links to other hubs do not pull down profile or hub score, nor do they have any impact on those scores. Awordlover linked to many hubbers that either re-emphasized what she was trying to get across in her hubs, or she linked for further reading on the topic. 

Her profile scores have been consistently in the high 80's, low 90's; her hubs are mostly in the high 80's. The scores have little to do with linking and more to do with content, quality, and construction of hubs.

Re: linking -  What you have to watch out for, which we have just recently discovered as we are reading over her hubs, is if you link to someone's hub, and they later decide to delete their hub for whatever reason, then you will be notified by email or when you sign on to your HP dashboard.

BTW, HP will notify you of this only if a reader notices that your link takes them nowhere (404 error, does not exist message) when they are reading your hub. 

HP doesn't police links to hubs that have been deleted or altered. They rely on readers to notify them that a link on your hub are broken.  So the only drawback we have found so far is broken links due to deleted hubs.   Awordlover emailed everyone she ever linked to and she still had broken links.

We think it is safer to link to topic/category (or one of your own hubs if it is related topic) than you are to another hubber because the category will probably stay on HP forever, whereas with the hubber, it is their discretion to delete or unpublish their hubs, no matter who linked to them.  Rachael O'Halloran, member of awordlover's team

xypherfarrellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thank you... appreciate this

2. brblog profile image89
    brblogposted 3 years ago

Links are good unless you link multiple times to any one site, that is what Hub Pages doesn't like. Linking to a variety of sites and that are related to your topic is just fine.

i link to my articles on hubpages too. will that affect my score?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82

Linking to other articles and your own Hubs which are related to what you are writing is good unless you do the same link more than once in the same Hub.

thank you

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82

You are welcome xypherfarrell.

working