jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Google Has a New Algorithm

1. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Google has announced that it introduced a new search algorithm about a month ago. This one is called 'Hummingbird' and, unlike Panda and Penguin, this one revamps the complete Google search algorithm.

You can read about the known changes here:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-birt … ent-172791
    http://insidesearch.blogspot.co.il/2013 … tting.html

(Hat tip to Prettydarkhorse, who shared the link.)

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

From what I have read,this may actually help but it may rely more heavily on the hub's title than previously done.

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Well, well. I dodged a bullet and didn't even know it. I continue to muddle along. Which is what I do best.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Looking back at the traffic on the HP site as a whole, there was a downturn in traffic after the Editor's Choice program was introduced, and an upturn began on August 24th when Hummingbird was introduced. Traffic today on the site is what it was after Google Panda rolled out in 2011 and has been flat (no real changes) in the past 30 days.

Google hasn't stored caches for all of the sub-Topic pages since the site navigation was changed on September 17th, so we have yet to see the results from that. What is significant here is that the sub-Topic pages used to be crawled more frequently and may have lost some of their Google crawl priority when millions of site backlinks were removed.

Traffic to my Hubs has increased since Hummingbird and continues to do so.

4. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I've seen better traffic over the past month, hoping it's due to Hummingbird not just season.

5. jericho911 profile image86
    jericho911posted 3 years ago

It killed me. I've gone from 200 views a day to 5-6.

6. Doodlehead profile image82
    Doodleheadposted 3 years ago

Wait til the mating season begins.

7. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 3 years ago

It seems that the introduction of Hummingbird coincides with my recovery from the heinous mid August slump many of us experienced.   That cheers me up somehow.

8. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I could not care less any more. Luckily my serious earnings, while garnered on-line, do not depend on tantrum-throwing toddlers at Google.

9. Jason Oleinik profile image83
    Jason Oleinikposted 3 years ago

Really surprised this isn't some big announcement, especially when it sounds like it is bigger than Panda or Penguin.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As something of an expert in this field I can confirm that a Hummingbird is not bigger than a Panda, or a Penguin.

1. Jason Oleinik profile image83
        Jason Oleinikposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was confused for a second and then it hit me. lol

10. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 3 years ago

Funny, how today, the 15th B-Day of Google there was a interactive doodle on a blindfolded kid wacking the piƱata with a stick - and that's how I felt trying to game the system with google. My hits didn't go up after the big dive.