Pay Drop

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 3 years ago

Has anyone noticed this? The past months have always been stable. Last month dropped, and this month is awful. I know I haven't been here much, but goodness...

I guess i need to start hubbing again to try to make up for something, but is it worth it? If everyone is seeing such a drastic drop... I just don't know anymore.  I have other eggs in my basket, which is where I've been, so I just don't know....

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Whitney, I was absent from HP for quite a while, and I saw my earnings drop a lot.  I recently started taking time to at least tweak a few Hubs I had written, and finished one I had been working on.  I really haven't written a lot of new content, just editing and that sort of thing, and my earnings have gone up a bit from where they had been.  I am still not near where I was about 2 years ago, but it's slowly getting there.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Whitney, you'll find (as always) that there are those who will report they are having the same experience you are having, while others will report they are having the opposite.

Here are some threads you might find helpful reading from over the past few months.  My experience here over the summer has been that things are in a near-constant state of flux.

Is HubPages ever going to recover?

When daily views are a lot lower than your hubber score...

75% of 38 hubs receive no traffic

I don't believe that Hubpages is a content farm.

Google Has a New Algorithm

I also really strongly recommend you read over the HubPages blog to get a rundown of all the changes that have happened to the site structure and function while your attention has been elsewhere.  A lot of those alterations have probably had a significant impact on your Hubs.