jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Help!

1. Alexandra Karnes profile image60
    Alexandra Karnesposted 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I love to write, but I always tend to get writers block... It seems that all I can write about is my own advice and I'm not sure if writing a hub is right for me?

1. Life and Luxury profile image80
      Life and Luxuryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, plenty of hubbers here have advice-oriented articles. I say go for it.

Alexandra Karnesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thamks

Thanks^

2. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The secret to successful online writing is to write what you know. The new wave is conversational writing which Google loves and is promoting with their newest algorithms.

So long as you don't make the hub too personal and it answers the readers questions you are good to go. Make sure your titles are question based such as "How to tie a shoe lace?" Think about the questions readers would search for and answer those questions with your own experience.

Good Luck!

1. psychicsphone profile image60
        psychicsphoneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How to promote the hubs? My account score dropped, I don't know how to do to increase the score... Please advise...

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'll take a look at your hubs and send you some suggestions if you don't mind.

3. barryrutherford profile image30
      barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Often part of writers block or any block is the fear of making a mistake. Don't worry about mistakes. Just write. Eventually you will pick up confidence and skills to write more and faster.  We all started from a very similar place.  Good luck !

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 3 years ago

Advice is always a good thing to write about; whether it be good or bad advice.  I have thought about writing a Hub on all the bad advice I have received over the years.  I think it would be fun, and informative.  I know we all get bad advice from people who mean well.

3. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Since you haven't posted any Hubs yet, it's difficult to give you the best personal advice right now.  I would suggest that you take a few writing classes at a community college in your area to help you get started in the right direction.  If writing is something you really want to do, then learn something about the craft. Good luck!

4. drpennypincher profile image97
    drpennypincherposted 3 years ago

I would say if you are most comfortable writing to give advice, make a list of a few topics that you are knowledgeable about.  What things can you offer advice on?  Then start writing about these topics.  A good way to overcome writer's block is... to write.  Writing something often gives you ideas for other things to write.  Pick one topic and write a couple pages of your best advice on that topic.  I look forward to reading your 1st Hub!

5. loveofnight profile image82
    loveofnightposted 3 years ago

News papers hire advice columnists all the time, if it can sell papers and magazines for them than it should sell hubs for you. Just make sure that your advice is as accurate as possible and don't get too personal. Happy hubbing

6. tony55 profile image81
    tony55posted 3 years ago

Hello , the question is what do you want to gain when writing a hub is it out of pleasure to educate or just a past time venture, everyone has a reason either viable or otherwise, if it is finance then be ready to write tons of hubs, personal experience is a great place to start but not to personal because the Web is an open directory for anyone,. So discover the reason feel the passion and decide.

This response really helped me out, thank you so much. I found my topic and I've already  got the hub half done! smile

1. tony55 profile image81
        tony55posted 3 years ago in reply to this

go girl.....................................

7. word55 profile image78
    word55posted 3 years ago

I do it for pleasure there's no other measure. Too much comes to hold on to, so I just let it flow thru hubs to you... There's not enough money to make off hubbing so I'm just here to publish free pubbing.

8. FamousDena profile image81
    FamousDenaposted 3 years ago

I encourage you to write whatever flows from your heart and mind. The best writing comes from within and is composed of topics you have feeling about. It is not only helpful to the writer, but often can be helpful to many readers.  Do not worry about times when you do not feel compelled to write. Just go for it and write when the mood strikes you.

working