jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How Will Google Hummingbird Affect You?

1. susi10 profile image95
    susi10posted 3 years ago

As you may or may not have heard, Google Hummingbird is a new Google search algorithm which will almost replace Panda and Penguin. In case you are wondering how you will be affected, this algorithm will focus primarily on 'sentences or phrases' rather than key words inside those phrases.

This is what Search Engine Land's Danny Sullivan had to say about the issue:
    "Hummingbird is paying more attention to each word in a query, ensuring that the whole query – the whole sentence or conversation or meaning – is taken into account, rather than particular words. The goal is that pages matching the meaning do better, rather than pages matching just a few words"

So, would that could bring up our traffic or be the next disaster for us?

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yuck, not looking forward to this one... even though I love humming birds!

2. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Here is the forum thread about Google Hummingbird:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/117484

It simply is not true that this algorithm replaces Panda and/or Penguin.

3. wjlambert profile image75
      wjlambertposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google's Matt Cutts has been talking point of "quality content' for as long as he has held the position.  With Hummingbird, the ideal that he has been talking is becoming more realistic. Thus anyone who followed this advice, has literally experienced the benefits. 

The only people or sites that should be experiencing pain as a result of this change are those who were deliberately "gaming" the system.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

"Hummingbird is paying more attention to each word in a query, ensuring that the whole query – the whole sentence or conversation or meaning – is taken into account, rather than particular words. The goal is that pages matching the meaning do better, rather than pages matching just a few words"

It certainly sounds like a better search method; lets hope it helps. roll

3. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

I think I'd fare better with this method.  Let's hope so.  When do they hope to release Hummingbird?

4. Joseph Renne profile image69
    Joseph Renneposted 3 years ago

Hmm Checking in to this now

5. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I think it will have a good effect, more accurate and less dependent on keywords. I'm a bit hopeful on this one.

6. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I read today in Forbes that it's been running for a 'few months' per the Google press department. 
    As WF said, it doesn't replace Panda and Penguin, Hummingbird is likened more to a new engine using some of the parts from the old engine which still work.  I guess we'll see how it runs.

From SEL's article:
    Panda, Penguin and other updates were changes to parts of the old algorithm, but not an entire replacement of the whole. Think of it again like an engine. Those things were as if the engine received a new oil filter or had an improved pump put in. Hummingbird is a brand new engine, though it continues to use some of the same parts of the old, like Penguin and Panda

7. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

So Hummingbird is why my Google numbers went up 200 percent!!  I can't complain. smile

1. wjlambert profile image75
      wjlambertposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My sentiments exactly

working