jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Content

1. Kiddinq profile image60
    Kiddinqposted 3 years ago

Greetings Hubbers. This is my first run in with anything and everything relating to HubPages. I've never taken the time to explore it, even though I'm rather internet savvy. I've come across a few things that help me understand better what sort of content is and is not allowed on HubPages, and before I get started and put week's work of effort into posts here, I am still a bit concerned...

I am looking at making HubPages my home base for a bit of a company-related blog. It will include video game, both flash and platforming, tutorials and videos; piano tutorials, movie, music, and television reviews, the occasional completely personal post, pictures of art and comics done by me or my associates, or posts about poems, short stories, or novels I have written. There will be loads of social media involved in this project I am undertaking, and there will be third party links in some of my posts (gaming sites, referring to another artist's site or blog, youtube videos, etc.)

My question is : Is HubPages the place to have this sort of blog, or should I stick to Blogger? Thanks for time and consideration.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages is not a blog. Hubs are standalone high quality articles. They also don't support the coding or interactive content it sounds like you want.

I use Hubpages:
      -To test out content before making a website on a topic.
      -Backlinking or driving traffic.
      -For throwing up orphan articles.

I would recommend hosted (not free) Wordpress over Blogger.

1. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Wrylit.

In addition it is against HP rules to link to gaming sites. Your project would be better served on your own domain where you have total creative control. I recommend using Drupal.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If it helps any you can read it directly from HubPages Tutorials by going to
      Then you look to the right side of that page and see 'Table of Contents'. Click on 'Publishing Rules & Policies'. It will expand, click on '1. Generally speaking, what am I allowed...' and you can read what the basic rules are. If you want to look further into a certain area just click on anything highlighted in blue which attracts you.

2. brblog profile image90
    brblogposted 3 years ago

I agree with the other comments, Hub Pages does not sound like what you are looking for but could supplement your main site - and I would also go with WordPress over Blogger. Nothing wrong with Blogger (I use both) but for what you are talking about, WordPress just has much more flexibility and a huge community of people creating ad-ons that will benefit you in the long run.

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I agree with all the others. Sounds like your hubs would get the HP filters highly excited... big_smile

4. Kiddinq profile image60
    Kiddinqposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone so much for your input, advice, and suggestions! I'm going to continue exploring HubWorld, mainly because I did not expect the community to be so helpful and supportive. I'm appreciative of your time!

So here's an idea...I've been poking around other gaming-centered hubs. They have videos, screenshots, and even one with outside links...

http://hikapo.hubpages.com/hub/Dragon-C … Weaknesses

Which is a lot like what I'd like to do with a hub(s) in the future -- my main focus would be Kongregate.com, the Xbox 360 of the internet. Instead of achievements, they have badges. They also run different promotions and have thousands of members. My focus would be posting guides on how to get those badges and how to get through games. So if I were to do this, it would be set up much like the Hub linked above...
    -Screenshots of the game (taken by me)
    -A link to the game
    -A link to my review of the game on my home page
    -A guide to get the badges
    -A guide for the game itself
    -Hints and tips

And since I'm still totally noobish in the realms of HubWorld, I'm still delving around for information. Thanks still for all of your input. You guys are unbelievably awesome~