jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

High rank and low views

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

I have two articles that are ranking high on searches but have horribly low views.  How can this happen?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Because not many people are searching for those terms.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are more than 2 million people searching for them!

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then perhaps you are not matching things up correctly.  Or you definition of high ranking omits that you are under a supreme authority or on the second page.

2. Susana S profile image91
          Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2 million in the keyword planner?

Or 2 million google results?

They aren't the same thing at all.

2 million in google results

1. WryLilt profile image86
              WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There could be 10 million results for the word "purple carrot" but maybe only 100,000 people a month searching them. Number of results mean how many people are writing on them, not how many are searching for them. Maybe only 5 people a month are searching your phrase!

I rank all over the top pages for my name (Susannah Birch) but only about 20 people a month Google that. Ranking doesn't mean much.

2. Susana S profile image91
              Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The number of google search results lets you know how many pages indexed by google contain the words in your search phrase - in any order, and in any places on the page.

Some people use the figure to determine the number of competing pages, but it's never used to determine search volume.

You will only get an idea of search volume from a keyword tool, like google's keyword planner or wordtracker. 

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/celebr … -victories

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
                Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

How are you determining the articles rank highly on searches?

By seeing both articles either on page 1 or two on Google without typing in anything but the key words

Doesn't matter...I dumped them both today.

2. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You do realize it's possible to do searches using phrases so unique to your Hubs that they automatically come up in the top spot when you look, right?

You only get lots of traffic if your Hubs come up in the #1 or #2 spot on page 1 for a keyword or phrase that EVERYONE is using.  The #1 spot on Google will get about 33% of all the traffic.  Number 2 gets about 18%.  After that, it really drops off.

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/22 … ffic-Study

Relache:  Yes, I know that.  One of these showed up as number one with only two keywords, but as I said, it doesn't matter.  When views get too low, I dump the articles (of course after I have tried to upgrade them which I have done several times with these two articles)

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

For more effective searches, it's suggested users put in six to eight nouns and objects.  Two word searching doesn't do it so much anymore.

working