jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

IMPLEMENTED CHANGE: Profile and topics pages

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
    Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago

I notice that the hubs are listed single file on my Profile Page today. It looks nice, and I'm not sure it's a problem. But it does seem to list less hubs, at a time when my traffic is pitiful. I could be mistaken, are less hubs listed or does it just seem so because it's not cluttered?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We are in the process of redesigning the site to better support mobile devices.
      The profile page and topics pages are the first areas to be addressed in this on-going directive.
      Paul Edmondson just posted a bit more details here.

1. Anamika S profile image72
        Anamika Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I liked the old layout better as it gave more visibility to my hubs. I do not want Q&A and Forum activity on Profile... Is there a way I can avoid it from being displayed?

2. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago

I just noticed that. Hmmm. I like the other way better honestly, I wish we had a choice on layout.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I like the change.  It looks like all of your hubs are listed, Jean.  That could be interesting for those with hundreds/thousands of hubs.  I checked, it simply loads more.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I like the new way too. I think that it is easier to read than going 'left, right, left...' Plus I believe that you can scan down faster without passing Hubs as easily as in the previous way.
        For those with more Hubs it probably pauses while 'loading' appears.

4. lovebuglena profile image92
      lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I love the change. If you have selected to have unfeatured hubs (if you have any) to be shown on your profile than all your hubs should be visible to readers, otherwise unfeatured hubs won't show and you will have less hub in your profile - again if you have any unfeatured hubs.

I love the change they made to the profile. Looks much better now. Question is if readers will actually scroll far down to see all your hubs.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
        Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It does look pretty good now that I've had more time to look at it. rebekahELLE, I think you are right, it looks like my hubs are all there. And if they aren't, they are ones that I get little traffic on or forgot about! I think people may scroll down, sometimes I notice the pictures first and that leads me to a piece I want to read. I wish we had more time to read everyone's hubs. It's so hard when we write in so many places!

5. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

I like it, its much better to be able to scroll down and see what catches the eye much quicker!

1. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Me too, Nell. Much more like the other social networking sites like Yahoo news and such. Very nice change.

6. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 3 years ago

You all may wish to read this,

1. CraftytotheCore profile image96
        CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you relache.  I just noticed and it was quite a difference to see at first.  I think I like it.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
          The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I looked too and it was a difference to the Hubs. They were more noticeable instead of being scrunched up. The photos and the summaries were more enlarged now. I wonder if someone gave this idea on that recent summary?

7. lady rain profile image86
      lady rainposted 3 years ago

I think the new one-column view is better because a lot of readers (including myself) get distracted with multiple columns on a page and tend to skip some important hubs that deserved to be read.

8. Jared Miles profile image92
      Jared Milesposted 3 years ago

I think it looks nice smile

9. AliciaC profile image96
      AliciaCposted 3 years ago

I like it, too. It's less distracting than the previous profile design. I think it will help to focus a reader's attention on each hub. It seems to make the photos stand out better as well.

10. barryrutherford profile image39
      barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago

I like the new format!

Closed to reply