jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Spam Requests

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

I was just checking the requests page, and I noticed repeated request postings, all exactly the same, promoting some website.  I flagged them.  This is the link to their page.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Homelivingstyle

I figured I should point it out, so it can get taken care of.  Each time I flag a request, I go back and there are more.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I guess we can wave bye bye to them smile

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

They are still posting requests.  I give up!!!  Someone else want to take over for a while??  LOL!!  smile

4. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 8 years ago

I think Hubpages is based in California so it must still be early in the morning but I expect as soon as someone starts work they will be banned.

5. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 8 years ago

Haha, what a schmo.  Hope it was worth all the work just for a day on Hub Pages.  Thanks for catching them in the act.  I've never flagged anyone before.  I ought to do it as training for my goal to one day make a citizen's arrest smile

1. WeddingConsultant profile image81
      WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Or you could just do part time work as loss prevention. Trust me, it's fun.

1. Benjimester profile image89
        Benjimesterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Haha, loss prevention.  Like being a repo-man?  I'd probably get shot.

Sure, you could be a repo man or a bounty hunter. I was thinking like store security (which is what I did), but all those options will give you the same adrenaline rush.

1. Benjimester profile image89
            Benjimesterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's true, store security would be similar and fun I bet.  Although I think the laws are pretty strict for security guards.  I don't think you're allowed to tackle anyone, even if they are trying to shoplift.  That would take all the fun out of it smile

Uh, you'd be surprised. I have quite a few scars on me from tackling guys (and girls). It didn't matter who they were, if they stole and tried to run or fight, I was in. And I never broke company protocol doing it.

If you really want some wild, wild west LP action, join K-Mart. I never worked there (and that's the first and last hint anyone will get as to where I previously worked as I don't want anyone to know!), but I had friends who worked there, and boy, they'd do a ton of stuff that I would never dream of. For example, there was one guy who jumped in his car, followed the shoplifter to the bowling alley nearby, then detained him at the bowling alley!

Crazy times. Stupid move by him if you ask me, but there are ways to be smart about it and still get your fair share of adrenaline.

2. Christoph Reilly profile image85
      Christoph Reillyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I made a citizens arrest in NYC.  Guy breaking into a parked car.  Held him for the cops.  He went to trial and then to jail.  You can call me...SuperChris!

1. Pam Roberson profile image89
        Pam Robersonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Now I'm really impressed! Go Christoph! big_smile A writer and hero all wrapped into one hubalicious package.

6. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

I think more people flagging something gets it sorted quicker?

My Dad made a citizen's arrest, once, on two lads breaking into an off-licence.

working