jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Score dropping dramatically?

1. abetterwaytolive profile image83
    abetterwaytoliveposted 3 years ago

One of my hubs had a score of 98 for several days and then suddenly out of nowhere has been shooting down and is now at an 82 in a matter of 24 hours.
    Why is this happening??

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hub scores do tend to fluctuate.  It is possible that it was rated, or maybe some people voted it down or left the hub without reading it or being engaged.  If it doesn't come back up, you may want to look at the hub again to see if a link is broken, or if your Amazon or ebay capsules is giving you choices that aren't related to the hub. It is also possible that some of the site changes might have changed the layout of your hub, giving you more white spaces or somehow else changing the aesthetics of your hub.

2. kimberlationism profile image86
      kimberlationismposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I can't tell you why or how hub scores and profile scores drop (because so many factors play into the scores applied to your Hubs that it could be any combination of things), but you can always edit the Hubs you have already written to help increase your score. By meeting and/or exceeding the suggested guidelines for a stellar Hub, you increase the chance of your Hub being read by others. For example, use at least 3 photos, write about 2,000 words (exceeds maximum), and throw in at least 2 options from the additional list: a video, quiz, map or table. This should increase your score on the Hub automatically because it increases the chances of your Hub being read by 300 percent. Sometimes it's only a 5-point increase, but as the reader traffic increases, your score should increase a little, as well. The reason these changes increase your chances 300% or more is that it keeps the individual on your page longer, especially if it's interactive (hence the quizzes and videos). With time, you'll become a master hubber; good luck and happy hubbing. :-)

2. 0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

I have no idea how hub scores or profile scores are determined, but I suspect an automated quantitative algorithm of some sort is used and that it functions without substantive reference to content or quality.

My profile, for example, was in the nineties and one of my hubs was selected as an "Editor's Choice" hub. Within a few hours---and after I'd been offline for while, my profile score dropped into the eighties.

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Hi abetterwaytolive. I experienced the same a few days ago, several hub scores dropped all of a sudden, the worst dropped from 97 to 89 within hours, even though traffic across the board had gone up. It was the same day that a forum thread posted that the entire site had been copied. pauldeeds says that site being copied would not affect traffic. But I wonder if it did affect hub scores. By the way, I tweaked the hub title of that hub that dropped and it's back up now. Anyway, the whole thing was strange and concerning.

4. 0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

Articles gain and lose traffic all the time and over time all hubs will lose traffic. Stop stressing and write more hubs. Watching your stats like the stock market will drive you nuts and complaining about it starts rumors. Your goal should be to write more and write better.

1. minagil profile image61
      minagilposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good answer!  Thanks!

5. abetterwaytolive profile image83

All very helpful answers. Thank you very much for your feedback.

6. abetterwaytolive profile image83

I wonder if deleting comments can lower a score. There was spam posted on my comments and I clicked the spam button and then deleted it. I had read in a separate forum that when you do this it doesn't get reported as spam.
    I'm guessing that deleting comments can be viewed as something that would cause the "algorithm" to lower my score, thinking that I am deleting bad comments.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image98
      CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

One of mine dropped in score and when I looked back at it, I could see why.  It was terribly written.  LOL  I adjusted a few things and it gained points after a while.  Sometimes it takes extra editing.

7. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I don't even pay attention to hub scores...as I have no way to control them anyway. It would seem strange though if a hub's hub score drops by a lot of points...I wonder if mine had that happen. I sure hope not.