jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

FIXED: YouTube content in video capsule doesn't allow fullscreen

1. davidlivermore profile image94
    davidlivermoreposted 3 years ago

I recently made a hub that had a couple of videos I made.  One is on HP directly, but the other I uploaded to YouTube to place on the hub.  I've done this many times.  However, now I notice I can't make YouTube videos on hubs full screen.  I click the button to do it, but nothing happens.  I've tried this on two PC's, across two different browser types.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Has been an issue and I wasn't aware?  Is this a HP or YouTube issue?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just tested and reproduced the issue you identified.

A Hub with a video capsule (not necessarily a video Hub) contains a YouTube video and when you click the button on the lower right corner of the embedded  YouTube player, the video does not go full screen.

I was able to reproduce the issue using Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
      I have forwarded this issue to our engineering team to see if we can track down and address the issue.
      In the meantime, if you click the view in YouTube button on the embedded video, you can then select full screen.
      Thanks you for taking the time to report this issue.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The issue should now be fixed.
      I have confirmed that full screen viewing of YouTube videos is working again.
      Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

1. davidlivermore profile image94
        davidlivermoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for fixing it so quickly!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I noticed this a long time ago. I get demerits for not reporting it.

Closed to reply

working