jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

HP Ads vs AdSense

1. sabrebIade profile image82
    sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago

Just a quick note here and to let everybody know.....
    Since AdSense has launched their new and *improved* ads, my HP Ads are KILLING my ads on AdSense (on my blogs).
    I am so glad I switched about a month ago from straight AdSense to see how HP Ads were doing now.
    Seriously...I am making 3 times a day more with HP here what I am making with AdSense on my blogs.
    And eBay is doing REALLY well.
    I know everyone's results vary, but I have always said if I find something that works I'll say it.
    And HP Ads + eBay are really working for me.

1. aliasis profile image94
      aliasisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm new to HP, but I think I have both Adsense and HP Ads activated (assuming HP ads is what pops up on "my account" with monthly earnings). Whenever I log in to my adsense account, it says no one has clicked on my ads so therefore I don't make any money. But HP Ads says I've been making money... so, does HP Ads only require user views or something?

I'm apparently not allowed to use Ebay (or was it Amazon?) because I write in Minnesota, one of like, three states that can't participate in the program. I don't really get it.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HP Ads work on views. Adsense ads work on clicks (and very minimal view amounts).

With HP ads, you still have one box which displays your Adsense code, too.

1. aliasis profile image94
          aliasisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If HP Ads works on views, doesn't it tend to be better for especially new users? I mean, I imagine the percentage of people that actually click on ads is quite low, but hubs with a ton of views could still get something out of that - but people who get under 100 views a day on all their hubs should benefit more from HP Ads then?

Thanks for the reply.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I've actually seen a rise in earnings on my own sites since the new adverts. However, that's still lower than HP CPM.

1. sabrebIade profile image82
      sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm happy someone is doing well with this new stuff because basically everyone I know is getting their clocks cleaned.

3. lolchops profile image82
    lolchopsposted 3 years ago

Where do I get to choose?  If I disable adsense ads does it default to HP ads?

4. Tealparadise profile image89
    Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago

I tried the 2 week switch to Adsense idea, and holllyyyyyy shazbots I made almost nothing.  HP ads are the way to go.

I pretty much only post things that HP wouldn't like on my personal websites.  E.g. amazon gift lists, picture only posts, etc.

1. Tealparadise profile image89
      Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh, but since the Ebay changes I've made literally nothing from them.  I used to get about 30 cents per day.

working