jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

So I need to manually paste in the Google Analytics tracking code

1. EGamboa profile image86
    EGamboaposted 3 years ago

I just opened a Google Analytics account and posted all the necessary information for my HubPages; however a screen came up that says "This is your tracking code. Copy and paste it into the code of every page you want to track." How do I do this?

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Bless HP's heart; you only have to do it once. At https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/ , where it says configure re: reporting.

1. EGamboa profile image86
      EGamboaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I did that…typed in the tracking ID number. But I didn't do anything with the chunk of code it said to paste it. So, it sounds like I don't have to do anything with the chunk of code, right?

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The chunk of code is if you have  your own website. Hubpages automatically inserts your tracking ID using their own code.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you've read everything that needs to be read, and done everything that needs to be done. smile

Google being Google lately, I'd give them a week for them to sort themselves out and starting to show results in your Google Analytics reports. If still no data after a week, then probably something is still amiss.

3. EGamboa profile image86
    EGamboaposted 3 years ago

Thanks so much!

working