jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Explanations For Denial Of Featuring Hubs

1. word55 profile image82
    word55posted 3 years ago

I think it is high time that Hub Pages have a panel or team of experts to briefly explain or detail why a hub is denied to be featured.

1. galleryofgrace profile image80
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's simple- it's either not drawing traffic or it's badly written.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's actually not that simple.

I have a hub that was deigned unfeatured due to lack of quality. It wasn't one of my best, I have to admit, but Google loved it!

It spoke about a certain Amazon item in glowing terms. Most of what I wrote came off the top of my head.

Half the web have since copied my description and claimed it as their own.

I've issued countless take-down notices.

All to no avail because Google started ignoring it (after all those folk copied it), then Hubpages started ignoring it. (no longer at the top of its topic placement).

It is still the best and most original article on the web for the article it describes, if I say so myself.

Unfortunately, it is unfeatured due to lack of quality so the world can never see it again.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Right there with you Izzy! I have an article like that, although mine is related to bridal and is still featured. Used to get good Amazon sales, till it was scraped by so many sites I lost count. Now it gets hardly any traffic. Sigh.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When your traffic levels fall really low, it will become unfeatured eventually.

I know we own the content, and are therefore responsible for it, but at times like this it would be nice to have a higher power watching your back.

Even without it (as we are) it would be nice if Google would follow their own guidelines. Allow one event in the SERPS. Drop the rest. Know which was published first, or be willing to listen to arguments.

1. WryLilt profile image86
              WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tell me about it! I wish there was a way to mass file DMCAs.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Here's the explanation of the QAP, http://hubpages.com/faq/#quality-assessment

If that doesn't work for you, you'll have to contact admin directly.  They won't talk specifics about your hubs or account in the forums.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Usually, if a hub is not featured for quality, it has a number of issues with it.  You can use this writing scale to see the criteria that is being used to determine the quality.