jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Tech Question!

1. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

I have a domain name I want to use to forward to my profile.

I know how CNAMEs work, but if someone at the offices could possibly email me the settings I'd need to put into the @ and www fields, that'd be fantastic.  big_smile

1. 0
      SirDentposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Email Pro CW and ask him to help you. He knows about these techinal items.

2. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

I don't if I understood your question properly. I think you have a domain name in your head and want it to use functionally. If it be so then there are many domain name providers that may be able to help you out. They provide free domains but in that case you will not be able to choose the domain name as per your choice but if you pay then you can take any name as per your choice

1. WHoArtNow profile image86
      WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I read it as she has the domain name and she doesn't know how to set it up to forward to her hubpages user account.

Give it an hour or two and admin will be along to help you out.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

i always just use name forwarding and masking within the host panel -whose your host

4. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

I tried that, sunforged, and tried forwarding it to my profile.  When I did that, all it did was forward to hubpages.com, not my profile page.  Soooo.. I was hoping I'd get some info on what to put in for the CNAME settings.   big_smile No worries, I've got plenty of time.