jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

What Is Going On With eBay!! -$25 Yesterday!

1. andyoz profile image85
    andyozposted 3 years ago

I logged onto my account today and noticed my earnings for the month had dropped drastically! I have never seen this happen before so I was not to happy. I had a look and the problem was that yesterday my eBay earnings were just over -$25! What is that all about? About ten days ago I made a sale on eBay and earned that much in a day, now it seems that have taken that payment back? This leaves my eBay earnings for the month in tatters and way down on usual.

I know about all the changes over on the eBay programme and I think most of us have been waiting to see how it pans out. If this is what I have to expect for the future though I may have to remove eBay altogether!

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hardly worth the effort as so far this month, I have a big fat zero.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As others have said, there was a glitch.  However, as I posted in another thread, I'm very pessimistic about the future of eBay earnings on HP. 

If you know about the new changes, then you know that you get commission ONLY if the visitor buys or bids within 24 hours of clicking on the ad.   That means if it's a Buy It Now item, or if the auction happens to finish that day, you've got a good chance of making a sale.  However, most people won't make a bid if the auction still has a while to run (they don't want to show their hand) - instead, they'll watch the item and start bidding near the end of the auction. Previously, you got credit for those bids:  now you don't.

On my websites, I have all my eBay searches set to "Buy It Now" only to improve the odds of making a sale.  I'm on a couple of forums for "power" eBay affiliates and they've all recommended that strategy for years.  I and Embitca and Relache have requested this feature on HP several times and it's disappointing it's never happened.

3. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe as explained in this thread, if eBay refunds the seller fees for any reason (usually that would be because the sale doesn't go through), then they will reclaim the commission.  In the new program you are directly getting a percentage of what eBay makes from a transaction, so that seems pretty reasonable.

1. Jason Marovich profile image86
        Jason Marovichposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Earnings so far this month" should reflect the dollar amount without ebay sales pending, IMO.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree, but those stats come direct from eBay so not much HP can do about it.

2. andyoz profile image85
        andyozposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I assumed it was as the sale had not gone through, to lose that much in one day though really is not good. Long life Amazon!

2. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 3 years ago

Since October 1st Ebay earnings are all big, fat zeros. There is an asterisk next to all the zeros which makes me think it still needs to be fixed. Not sure if everybody else is having the same issue?

3. souvikm16 profile image83
    souvikm16posted 3 years ago

An update has been issued by Hubpages that there's some issues with E-bay regarding the payment displays. E-bay is working on the issue and this should be resolved soon. Check out your 'My Account' section. You must have received an update from Hubpages by now. Thanks!

4. souvikm16 profile image83
    souvikm16posted 3 years ago

Sorry! The update from Hubpages is in the 'My Earnings->>Settings' section! Thanks!

5. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 3 years ago

I thought it must have been a glitch.

6. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

Does anyone know - the notice in the eBay earnings screen says all earnings are correct, that just the impressions are not.  Is this now correct?

I have some 46 clicks for the month, but zero earnings.  While eBay earnings were never great (maybe 25 cents per day) if they are really zero for the month it will be the last month eBay capsules will be in my hubs.

1. janshares profile image86
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I hear you, wilderness, I've had zero earnings from eBay this month as well. I looked forward to those pennies adding up. I hope we get a final word on this soon so we can move on.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Just so.  It never was much for me, maybe $10 per month, but was nice to see.  If it's gone I certainly don't want those ads draining my Amazon customers.

7. LCDWriter profile image94
    LCDWriterposted 2 years ago

I'm in the process of switching most of mine to Amazon except in rare exceptions where Ebay is the only one with the product. The Ebay switch makes it less appealing than Amazon now so I also see no reason to stay with it.  I also used to earn a few pennies a day but it added up over the course of a month.