How can you tell if a question should be in answers or forum ?
HubPages Q&A Rules
The Answers section of HubPages is a great place to find both short and Hub-length answers to your most burning questions. There are, however, a few guidelines about how to use this section of the website. Questions may be removed if they do not meet certain criteria.
A good question:
• Stands alone. If your question is dependent on the context of a certain Hub to make sense, consider contacting the author directly through his/her profile page, or leaving a comment on the Hub itself.
• Discourages purely personal answers. Surveys, polls, and questions encouraging back-and-forth discussion should be posted in the forums, rather than the Q&A.
• Is specific, and easy to understand. Make sure you have phrased your request as a question, that its meaning is clear, and that is not cut off mid-sentence. There is an additional field for you to expound upon your question, or add further clarification or extra relevant information.
• Is not promotional. Questions asking for followers or Hub visits, or with links back to your own Hub, site, or affiliate offer.
Examples of bad questions:
• Where can I get that dress in the 1st picture on your Hub?
(Does not stand alone, should be left as a comment on the Hub.)
• Who is your favorite pop singer?
(Invites short answers or discussion, should be posted in the forums.)
• i do not no how 2 do that, plz tell me wat i
(Bad grammar/spelling, cut off mid-sentence.)
• Do you like Nike shoes? Check out my latest Hub.
Examples of good questions:
• Does green tea help with weight loss?
• When is the best time of year to plant tomatoes?
• How do you check the oil on a car?
• What are President Obama's views on immigration?
Forum if you want an answer to an HP related question.
'Questions' for issues in the wider world.
It is good to be brief and pertinent, in both.
Questions & Answers is a place to ask questions which will spark ideas for members to write Hubs about.
If someone can't write a whole Hub to answer your question, then it doesn't belong in the Q&A section.
by kallini20106 years ago
I have been on HubPages only for two months. I did not think that "Asking & Answering Questions" was a complicated matter.But I have come across a question that if you ask a question and then answer...
by Suzanne Day3 years ago
Hi everyone,I'm just starting out in the wonderful world of Hubpages questions and answers. I've had a look through the help centre and only found a little info....basically that Q&A's are meant to be a very mini...
by Simone Haruko Smith5 years ago
Hello everyone! As of this afternoon, you are free to begin publishing Hub Answers as submissions in the HubPages Know it All Contest.Before you do anything contest related, though, we encourage you to read through our...
by Midasfx6 years ago
I think it would be nice if we could earn money from our questions here on hubpages. Still with the 60/40 split just like on our hubs.The only thing I would think would be people posting too many questions, so maybe...
by Paul Maplesden4 years ago
All of us that have visited the question section know that much of the content there is of very questionable quality. It's difficult to see how many of the questions really contribute to the community or discussion on...
by bileygur6 years ago
After reading through the forum and answers I see that some of the questions there seem to be asked just for the sake of asking them, but not to get the answer it self. Are these question asked for the...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.