jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Can you please share you experience with Textbroker?

1. mariexotoni profile image91
    mariexotoniposted 3 years ago

What's your earnings + input time for Textbroker compared with HubPages. Do you think it's easier or do you just like it better?

1. Sue B. profile image87
      Sue B.posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been on textbroker for a couple of years now. I was (probably am- I never took myself off) a five-star writer.  I think I spent way too much time on the work and they pay is not great considering the actual time spent.  I found the work boring in general.  Once I was on hubpages for a year, I began to earn and really have earned each month this year without writing any new hubs.  Short-term, the payout may be quicker with textbroker but long-term, I would think you would make a lot more and enjoy it  more on huppages. 

I hope that helps and good luck!

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

I write-they pay.  The amount is determined beforehand, so you can choose for yourself.  I am waiting for a payout this Thursday.  A five-star writer can probably earn pretty well.  I am not at that level but I like the site.

1. mariexotoni profile image91
      mariexotoniposted 3 years ago in reply to this

what level do they start most writers out at?

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
        Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, I do not remember.  I wrote there for a year before I requested payout.  I only grab things that interest me, for me it is just some extra $$$ when I need it.

I know they rate you based on your last five submitted pieces.

2. sandonia profile image82
        sandoniaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You must submit an article when you apply for TextBroker. This will determine your initial level. Once accepted, you must write 5 articles for clients. I believe these must be accepted through the open pool (i.e., any writers can pick them up). Once these articles are done, they'll put a hold on your account. They will rate the five articles, and that will be your new level. After which, they continue to rate articles submitted to open pool assignments, and your level may change based on the average of your most recent five articles.

Well, that's how the process took place when I signed up about a two years ago. I'm not sure if it's changed significantly since then.

I should note the open pool assignments has been rather sparse lately -- especially for level 2-3 writers. It seems most of the work on there has moved to "managed clients."

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Textbroker is a good way to pick up some fast cash, at times. You do have to be able to whip out an article really quickly since the pay per article is pretty low.  Sometimes though, it takes longer to find an article to write when the pickings are slim.  When I included the time searching for something to write, I decided that the site was not paying me enough to do it on a long term basis.  I do keep my account open for when I need some quick cash though.

With HubPages, you take more of a risk, since you could write articles that will earn you pretty much nothing, but on the other hand, you can also earn lots of residual income based on one article. Of course, if I included the time spent in forums and reading hubs, my pay per hour would be significantly smaller here too!