How can i Improve my hubber score?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. NellySheina profile image59
    NellySheinaposted 10 years ago

Hi,
    When I start my first hub it got hub score 75 and my hubber was 70 then I start a new hub for that time my hub score was 84 and hubber was 75 as my 6 hubs are featured and my hubber was 78 but then I decide to publish a large hub having 1000+ words 7+ pitchers 1 HD video, poll but my hub got "This Hub is not Featured because it does not meet our quality standards" I do editing and submit again and again almost 4 times, from that time my hubber is like 75 then 72 then 65 and now it's 55 hmm what's wrong can you guys guide me how can I increase my hubber?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is the link HP's offers as help, though keep in mind, they say it doesn't matter and we should just do our best and ignore it... I think.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … d_13970188

NellySheinaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Beth thanks for reply but the link seems broken can you please re paste ???

2. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Nelly.  Few of us on HubPages write in English flawlessly.  Many of our friends here are writing in English as a second or third language.  Is this the case with you?  If so, and this advice goes for all the frustrated Hubbers who are baffled as to why they aren't getting past HubPages quality standards, you will have to learn more about English writing to have success as a writer here or anywhere that sets high standards for their writers.

Please take no offense.  English is a difficult language to master, especially in the written form.  I hope you and others struggling to write English as an alternate language take the time to learn more about it.  It's worth it!  Perhaps someone would be kind enough to post some legitimate resources for those who wish to improve their English-language writing skills.

Yes Jason your replay is making sense as hupages team told me that my hub contain to much keywords and some mistakes so i think this is a batter idea to learn more  about batter writing have you any tip that can help me to improve?

1. Jason Marovich profile image87

Honestly, you'd be best off asking your friends locally as to where you could take some classes.  Learning to write in English is best accomplished by having a mentor physically guiding you through the process, letting you write, correcting your mistakes, and giving you positive instruction.

I found this an interesting read, too.

http://theamericanscholar.org/writing-e … mcXKHBOPSs

Thanks a lot Jason. That's true that my writing skills are week but now I'll follow your suggestions, I need to take some classes and tanning about how to write an attractive and perfect article thanks again smile

1. Jason Marovich profile image87

You're most welcome.

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Thanks Beth I am reading and i'll try my best to apply ..

3. chasmac profile image90
    chasmacposted 10 years ago

Hi Nelly - On a different note, you should remove your address from your profile. It's a nice address what with having the queen as a nearby neighbour, (I mean the British queen - not queen Beth of Hubpages) but you don't want the world to know it. Just say the UK, or England or even London, but not the street, house number and postcode; that's just inviting problems.

Oh yes you are right as we have to 100% natural that was a necessary change thanks chasmac for a best advice smile

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That wasn't her address anyway. It was the address of a prestigious 5 star hotel who would no doubt have objected to her using their address in this way.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nelly got evicted.

1. profile image0

We were so close.

1. profile image0
            epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

what did I miss? Didnt nelly start this thread? If so did they get what they came for? This is such a fun weirdness. Not surprised in the least to see beth as the starting post on here. After all its someone else s thread, or looks that way. LOL hi again beth.

1. profile image0

I didn't start this one. Pretend-Nelly did. How dare you!
              I started all the other ones though. smile

1. profile image0

LOL

1. profile image0

I think the odds of her improving her hubber score now are very slim.

1. profile image0

LMFAO. you crack me up some times.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

I'm getting a headache from reading this post (which appears embedded in the posts here) from Dear Departed Nelly:

"Yes Jason your replay is making sense as hupages team told me that my hub contain to much keywords and some mistakes so i think this is a batter idea to learn more  about batter writing have you any tip that can help me to improve?"

HOW did this person ever get to publish anything here???

1. profile image0

I think she has been reincarnated on another thread.

1. profile image0

things happen.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)