jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

capsules not loading

1. midget38 profile image88
    midget38posted 3 years ago

Some of the photo and video capsules in the hub cannot load. Photos (from creative commons so are accredited and legal) cannot be loaded. Tables cannot be loaded without me refreshing the hub in edit mode too. What could the problem be? Please advise.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's probably a glitch, and now that you have posted this, HP staff will be aware. It is usually just a temporary glitch. It happens every now and then. Try exiting out and going back in. I know it doesn't make sense, but that works for me sometimes. I think that might be an issue with my computer, though.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Are you still having issue with Hubs not loading capsules?
      If so, please let us know the title of the Hub or Hubs.
      Is this related to only previews of Hub while you are editing them or to published Hubs?

Please review this content to see what information we need to best assist with technical issues.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you mean Wikimedia Commons? You have to check them carefully, occasionally you come across ones which are not available for public use.

2. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 3 years ago

I've had a problem with loading photo images and then saving the photo capsules on my latest hub 'Film Review - The Caine Mutiny (1954). Loading photos from my own picture library has always been easy. I've been able to click on images (sometimes several at the same time) and they have loaded and saved quickly and efficiently. On this hub however, only one photo has been loadable at a time. Even this has sometimes failed. Sometimes the capsule has requested me to browse and I've clicked once to open a photo, but then it has loaded the same picture twice. Then saving the capsule becomes a problem. Sometimes it has saved the capsule, but not all the images, and sometimes the screen has locked and I've had to close the programme and then reopen and start again. It's been a bit exasperating. Eventually I got the hub finished and published, but producing and saving the photo capsules took at least twice as long as usual. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch or a glitch with this particular hub, and it will be OK from now on.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We are unaware of any system issues that would be causing the issue you are experiencing.
      It could be an issue with your computer, browser, network connectivity, etc.

If you read over the sticky thread in this forum it has some trouble shooting steps to try and what details are needed for us investigate potential issues.
      Here is that link again.

This Hub might also be helpful as it outlines how to clear your cache, check Flash, etc.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
        Greensleeves Hubsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Matthew; Thank you for your helpful reply, and big apologies for not responding sooner (too much going on in my life at the moment, not all of it good!)

The problem has persisted with other hubs I've been working on, but when I use Firefox instead of my usual Internet Explorer, the problems are definitely reduced to some extent, so I guess it's some kind of browser issue. I'm not good with technical issues including computer maintenance, but I will have a go at following the advice in the links you provided, and see if that improves the uploading of photos to my hubs. Thanks. Alun.