jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Affiliate ID

1. mjkamrul profile image84
    mjkamrulposted 2 years ago

Hi HP experts,
    I'm new to HP and excited to start my hub but a bit confusion about affiliate id. I've already amazon affiliate id but how I can use it or get benefited. My quesition is ..

1) If I use HP amazon capsule and put just product URL then can I get any benefit?

2) Alternatively, If I use my own amazon id, in that case, how much can i get benefit?

3) Is there any limit to use affiliate id? Or, is there any limit to use amazon capsule for products without affiliate id?

I think experts can help me to start. Thanks all.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You enter your affiliate ID in your profile.  then use the special Amazon capsules.  Then earnings are shared between you and Hubpages.

3. mjkamrul profile image84
    mjkamrulposted 2 years ago

Thanks a lot for this information.

4. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 2 years ago

Just to be clear - it has to be an Amazon.COM affiliate ID, not a .co.uk or any other country.

I had a .co.uk afiliate ID when I joined here and put it in, no idea it wasn't doing anything... eventually I realised and joined the .com affiliate program and put that affiliate ID into my account and started earning from Amazon sales.

Annoying - but that's how it is.

5. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 2 years ago

Once you have signed up with Amazon, your ID is automatically inserted in the Amazon capsule links (as long as you use the Amazon capsule in Hubpages). When someone buys something via your Amazon link (within 24 hours)..40% of the time, Hubpages will automatically remove your ID from the link, and they keep the commission. The rest of the time your ID is included and you get the 4-7% commission . The customer needn't buy the item you're advertising either..you'll get the commission for their total order. So if they order a bunch of stuff..it's your lucky day smile ..or 60 days later, anyway.

You're only allowed 2 Amazon links per capsule. I'm not sure how many Amazon capsules you're allowed in your hub. Probably the same. Anything more than this looks spammy.

Hope that helps.