jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Allowing NON Hub members to follow my Blog via Email?

1. LopezUnleashed profile image85
    LopezUnleashedposted 2 years ago

I am realizing that I have many NON hubbers in my life that would like to be notified when I post a new Hub.  I cannot find anyway for them to do so without signing up for Hubpages.  This seems a little ridiculous for someone who has no intention whatsoever of writing Hubs but they want to know when I have written one and come and check it out. 
    Is there someplace to add a "follow by email" button to my front page that I am not seeing?  Or is this a feature that is not available?
    If it is not available it REALLY needs to be.  I have a lot of people that would gladly come check out a new Hub if they simply knew I had submitted one. 

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Post the hub on FB or send the link by email. They don't have to sign up to read it... anyone can read it. If they want to comment they can comment with or without signing up as well.

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There used to be a subscribe button thingy long ago but it was removed...God knows why.

There is a way they can get your hubs each time you post but I don't quite remember how. Someone mentioned it to me before but I totally forgot. I think there is a website which directs your content to them by email or something.

I hope someone answers this, because I have totally forgotten how.

1. LongTimeMother profile image97
        LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

rofl. This has to be the funniest answer I've ever seen, Cardisa. Loved it!! smile

2. Anil and Honey profile image38
    Anil and Honeyposted 2 years ago

Yes you are correct, somebody creates their account then they forgot it, I likes writing, at the same time I expect a small revenue from it but I think that is impossible.

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

You can still use your RSS feed. Can't remember it but search the forums, the link name will be somewhere.

Also, Hubpages isn't a blog wink

4. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

Paul Maplesden wrote a Hub about RSS Feeds for Hubpages and how to use them, and I subscribed to his Hubpage and get emails of his latest posts; he does show the link/url for the feed in that Hub. I created a feed for my website through Feedburner that allows people to subscribe through email, but I don't know if you can do that with your Hubpage. Also, you can get the widget for your feed on your "My Account" page, to the left there's a "Get Widget" link.