jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Joining A Writers Fan Club, Why Do We Have To Rejoin?

1. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

This may be an odd question, but many of us have noticed lately that when we believed we joined each others fan club many months ago, we are no longer there and have to rejoin , is their a time limit on how long you are a fan? Ex: I know that I had joined Jewels fan club and DieDre' months back , however when I went to read a new article , it had asked again if I would like to join their fan club (of course I did rejoin), your assistance would be greatly appreciated. big_smile

AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Can someone answer this question or are we all at a loss for words.smile

1. goldentoad profile image60
        goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've had a couple of mentions about this too. I thought maybe I offended people, but I hear differently. You're on the front of my list, so I'd know if you were gone.

I found it so odd as Eddie Perkins I know I was a fan and then I recived an e-mail from Barb that he has Leukemia and is in the hospital so I sent a prayer on his article and I had to rejoin, which I did not understand. I normally become someone's fan when they become mine,but I feel horrible when I go back and know that I have joined and I am not there. I hope someone can make some sense of it.smile I look for you too and you are still there, thank goodness:D

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So you expect computers and databases to be infallible????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

As far as I know, there is no expiry time limit.
        I'd guess that the problem was some sort of glitch with the database at some stage in the past.

(Of course, someone from Hub Pages will probably arrive, say that this can definitely not happen, and remove me from hub pages. C'est la vie! )
        Cheers,
        Eric G.

P.S LOVE your new pic big_smile

I am certain they are not going to boot you.smile

2. RGraf profile image85
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

I don't know if I have the right answer, but it might have been accidents.  I accidently denied someone as a fan when I was really wanting to look at more of their hubs.  I quickly rectified it.  That might be case with other people.

mmmm... that could be it, but I have found myself there after reading multiple articles and then I disappear.sad  and have to go back and re-join.smile

3. Shirley Anderson profile image84
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Oh happy day!  I thought I'd lost my mind, just figured they were all oversights or my memory had failed me, but there have been several that I was sure I was already a fan of.

I thought I lost my mind too as I do have sometimers , but now I know that it isn't that.big_smile

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

I have had similar experiences.  I was positive that I had became a fan of someone, then go to their page, and it has the "join so-and-so's fanclub".

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

There definitely is not an expiration and you can't be kicked out of someone's fan club, you can only quit it yourself.  It's certainly possible that there is a bug causing fan memberships to be deleted, but we haven't changed anything in that code in quite a while so I suspect that the isolated incidents are the result of accidental clicks or faulty memories.

However if anyone has a specific set of steps to reproduce fan club errant deletions consistently we'll certainly look into it.  It's hard to know where to look otherwise ...

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed that if I visit someone's profile via the list of hottest hubbers, the join fanclub link is often visible, even though I'm already a fan. If I visit from a link in hubtivity, this is not usually the case. I don't know if that's the issue being discussed, but it has caught me by surprise a few times.

2. AEvans profile image72

Paul: Thank you for explaining and I will see what I can do to get a set of steps to reproduce fan club errant deletions, and if I can't I am certain somebody on HubPages will. smile I know that mine were not accidental clicks, however this may sound silly but what do you mean by faulty memories?smile

6. Jerilee Wei profile image92
    Jerilee Weiposted 8 years ago

I've experienced the same problem too.  Just wondering now how many others have had this happen.

working