jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. Yoshi Ninja profile image61
    Yoshi Ninjaposted 7 years ago

i need to change my url of my latest hub before i publish it.

can i do that?

2. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

Yeah as long as you haven't submitted it yet just press the back button and start from scratch!

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Once you get through the creation process up to the point of having a Hub template to fill up with stuff or save it unpublished, you can't change the URL anymore.

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Just curious is there a reason on why we are unable to change the URL once published? It certainly would be nice if we could. smile

5. sunstreeks profile image84
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

URL's are addresses. They tell the hyperlinks where to find the webpage. If your break or change the URL you end up changing where the webpage is found. The address has to be re-indexed, all previous backlinks are worthless, and the old url becomes a dead page to anyone who follows the old url trying to get to your page.

For hubbers, if you change information on your page it may affect how you rank in search engines due to content changes, but your backlinks and search engines still know where to find your page. If you change the URL, all of your previous backlinks and Search engine indexing are worthless and the process has to start all over. =P