jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Forum views counter.

1. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 3 years ago

Next to each forum category and then each thread, a unique views count.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Why?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

^That

3. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 3 years ago

Why? Its a lot more sensible than you guys think. And please stop chasing my threads and putting criticism in each and everyone just for the sake of it. Please, PLEASE? You know who you are.

The views counter would help you determine if a forum thread you create was enough to get people there, aka was it worth it. Its really hard to explain if you are not familiar with online forums. Generally this is the norm for a forum. HP and a few others happen to not have it.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Me and Relache are often equally the "chasing type" although I bow before her superior bluntness. smile It's a small forum. I comment on everything when I pop by.

Hubpages members have a habit of having titles that in no way determine the content in the thread. So people may get off by a bad title, when the content is actually great.

1. profile image0
        epsonok0posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You and Relache do know that you are two of my favs right?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I struggle to see why anyone would care about forum views. We are all ultimately here to get hub views, not deliver dubious service to an associated forum. Use the forum to the extent it informs or entertains you

1. profile image0

Because you struggle to see it should it then be the norm for everyone? Thats about as much as Ill say. Except as for what you wrote here, Ill note it somewhere.

4. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

I don't agree with this feature, simply because I don't see it helping either hubber or HP make money. A successful forum will have multiple posts.

When you enter the forums there's a column for replies which will determine its success. Basically a viewer will know before entering the forum which thread to enter based on the discussion.

What more do we need?

So you can cuss me out now too big_smile

1. profile image0

oh, my fellow hubber I stopped cussing at people when someone had my account banned for 24 hours for making a series of personal attacks at them for being wrong. LOL I mean well and I am learning to listen to what others are telling me based on how fair it is. If it is not fair or may be even wrong then I get angry. But when I accuse them of chasing me around you have to know. Those two at the top are two of the three hubbers that I think the world of and I follow and respect their work in the fullest.

working