jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Recipe Hubs

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

On the recipe hub capsules, it would be VERY useful to be able to put more than just one  ingredients capsule.
    Why?  Because with SOME recipes, there are very specific, separate sets of ingredients that are not to be combined with each other, or before a certain point.

Having them all lumped into a single ingredients capsule can easily create confusion, and cause people to fail at re-creating the recipe.  (My holiday gumdrops recipe is a perfect example of this.)

Therefore, although I was going to convert this 'regular' hub into a recipe template hub, I don't think I can, because I needed a specific, numbered, set of separate ingredients, for which I originally used text capsules.  I think I'll have to leave it that way.

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would like to see this future too. I just had a cake recipe where the topping recipe was separate from the cake recipe.

2. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That was requested some time ago but staff explained that each capsule represents one recipe in search...or something to that effect. I wish I could find the forum thread where it was explained but I am soo tired now. I'll find it for you later so you can read the response from staff.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's a bit like asking for a restaurant meal and being told that you'll have to come back later for the sauce!  sad

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I think this would be very helpful, too. It would apply to a lot dessert recipes that have a topping, grilled entrees with a dipping sauce, or even coordinated  menu that has three or more parts, etc.

3. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 2 years ago

Found it! Here is the forum thread:-

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/117433 - five weeks ago

There was also an earlier thread. I'll try to find that as well.