jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Google crawling hubs

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 2 years ago

I was checking my stats today and had a question.  I am not a technical person so I'm not quite sure what it means.  Some of my hubs have been crawled by google within a certain number of hours, but some of them have not been crawled in  7 - 10 days.  How often does google crawl hubs and should I be worried if they have not in that long a time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Google crawls Hubs based on Google's own algorithm which determines the most important pages on the website.  Presently, Google indexes over 450,000 pages on the HP website, and they are crawled at different intervals.  Some of the priority is determined by how frequently a webpage changes and if new backlinks pointing to the page are discovered. If your Hub is not crawled frequently, it is nothing to worry about so long as it is in the Google index and is ranking well.

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your help Writer Fox.

2. FlourishAnyway profile image95
        FlourishAnywayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Writer Fox, you are very knowledgeable.  Your insights are much appreciated even by those who don't pose the question.

2. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Join Google+. I've heard that adding them there helps to get them crawled faster.

3. my_girl_sara profile image89
      my_girl_saraposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Here's a great place for you to post your hubs on Google+...it's a blogging community I started. Here's the link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 7493843154  Love to have you and anyone else who is interested.
      Also consider adding your pages to StumbleUpon.

1. agusfanani profile image78
        agusfananiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I really appreciate your information. Thank you very much.

2. carlarmes profile image79
    carlarmesposted 2 years ago

Get some backlinks to you Hubs to get it indexed faster and cross link from some of your older Hubs that seems to work as well.

3. bodyathletics profile image92
    bodyathleticsposted 2 years ago

Having a Twitter or Facebook link (social bookmarks) is a great way to get quickly indexed.  And super easy.  Most of my hubs are indexed in max. 3 days.