jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Milestones on your profile

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

Hey hub-admin and fellow hubbers,

Have you thought about having a little milestone section for profiles? Just so people can see what little medals you have.

I was thinking it could work like the McDonalds name badge star system. A little "empty" square for each of the different milestones, and as you get them, they appear on your profile.

Anyone like the idea?

1. premsingh profile image59
      premsinghposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I fully support your idea. Milestones may carry more weightage if displayed on profile page of concerned hubber. If summary is displayed on profile page, it may have more impact than being displayed separately for all hubbers together.

2. hubber-2009 profile image60
      hubber-2009posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Whoartnow for taking opinions for the point mentioned by you...

2. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 7 years ago

Sorry but I disagree with this; there is already loads of stuff on the profile page. Adding these things will make it look like MySpace.

3. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

Yeah that would be bad Isabella. But I was thinking quite small. On the left hand side underneath your avatar and above the search box. Wouldn't be too "in your face" but you'd know they were there.

4. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 7 years ago

I think it would be way too in your face, actually. Putting anything else under the profile picture forces the latest hubs to be moved downscreen, and probably off-screen for most people's computers. It's more important to have hubs visible than "medals" which the average reader is not going to care about.

I dont think medals should be anywhere on the profile page - they've been getting more and more cluttered, and everytime that happens I have to shorten my profile text if I want hubs to still show. Surfers are lazy, even when it comes to scrolling. If no hubs are visible when they first land on your profile page, you're really decreasing your odds of people reading more of them.

That, and people looking for helpful information want to see the information, not medals.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I'd be fine if there was a separate page where you could click to see someone's milestones, but I tend to agree with Isabella that the profile pages are pretty full and heading towards cluttered as it is.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

I agree as well with not having too much information, or at least with it being non-distracting.

Medals and other info or gaphics added to a fully packed page might make it more difficult for the brain to interpret what the eye sees, unless placed all together in a box somewhere on the profile page and it offered a good figure-ground contrast.

Otherwise, to me, it's like a menuboard in a fast food unit that has so much on it that you can't tell what they have to eat.

7. bgamall profile image87
    bgamallposted 7 years ago

Just put the medals on the bottom of the page.