jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

Photo upload problem

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Here is an annoying problem.  I needed a certain photo, and had my daughter take it for me, of her child.  (To re-create something she herself had done at that age.)

She took the photo with her cell phone, and it came to me in e-mail, oriented sideways.
    I opened photoshop, rotated the photo to the correct orientation, and saved it.

When I uploaded it to my article, it again showed up sideways!!!

There is no utility on the HP edit  mode for photo capsules that will allow me to fix this.  What is going on?  How do I remedy this problem?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

After you re-positioned it on Photoshop, did you first try saving it to your computer right-side up before transferring it to HP?

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I saved it, yes, prior to uploading.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did you just save it, or did you save it as a different file name?

I saved it as an overwrite of the original.  Is that the problem?  I need to do a "save as" ...??

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

It could be.  It's worth a try!

ok--will do-- thanks.
            I had her rotate it on her end, and re-send--it STILL arrived sideways!  sad

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image89

OK, weird.  That didn't work, either.  When I did the 'save as,' it simply showed up rotated back the other way.  I then tried deliberately re-rotating it to the opposite sideways rotation, and that time, it uploaded straight!  Way weird!

BTW--how do I credit that photo.  I didn't take it, but my daughter took it at my request specifically for the article.
            Do I just put her name, and do I need "used by permission," or do I put that it was basically a consignment, or what?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

There is no set way to credit personal photos, which is what this is.  If your daughter wants credit, by all means use her name. If you are worried about HP asking questions, then I would add the words "with permission" to make it clear.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83

You could always put her name in the source line.

That's what I did... wink  also added 'by permission,' just to be safe.  lol

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83

That should be good.

working