1) Learning Center Requirement 2) Community Edits for ESL Hubbers

1. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image88
    Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 2 years ago

Hi everyone over there at HP HQ!  I hope the weather in San Fran is more pleasant than what we're dealing with in Western, Pa!!

I had two quick suggestions that I wanted to float by the brass for consideration, inspired by another hub where a couple of us offered to help with grammar and editing, particularly for Hubbers who speak English as a second language (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/117953):

1) Have you ever considered making a Learning Center knowledge test a prerequisite to publishing?  That may reduce the amount of sub-standard conduct that I imagine hurts search rankings, and eliminate the kinds of FAQs that sometimes clog up the forums.

2) Would it be possible to start a Community Edit system, possibly by way of Google docs, where Hubbers who are non-native English speakers can post links and request help for editing?  Maybe folks could even earn HubberScore points (in addition to karma points!) for frequently volunteering to assist in this way.  In my mind, I see ESL Hubbers posting links to Google docs with a short request for grammatical editing/proofreading, in a kind of bulletin board area on HubPages, where native English Hubbers can volunteer and select a time-frame for completion. 

In this way, multiple ESL Hubbers can be quickly paired with EFL (English as a first language) Hubbers, streamlining project acceptance and completion, and thereby (hopefully) raising the overall quality of HubPages in general. 

2. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

These are great ideas! I second them!

1. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image88
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! wink