Tell us...

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (151 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

something about you... something maybe no one knows... Of course, if you've murdered someone, if goes without saying that you use an acct that doesn't bear your name.

1. JG11Bravo profile image72
      JG11Bravoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was once committed to a mental institution.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, do you feel like it helped you?

Not a bit, actually.

1. profile image0

When I was like... 16, I was depressed... or whatever a 16 year old gets.
            Basically I just wanted to hide... kinda the way I am now... Im a recluse at heart though everyone thinks Im so outgoing.
            So my mom took me to a therapist and she sent me to a place like that.
            They took me to my room and the girl had taken all the paper off the wall and she wrote all over the walls... "Im in hell!" etc... Oddly enough I felt a whole lot better after seeing that, never even checked in and asked my mom to take me home. She said, "Are you sure?" I was like... 'get me out of here.'
            You got the feeling like unless you needed a lobotomy that it was gonna do more harm than good. Im sorry it didn't help in your case. I hope you're doing ok.

Oh, I'm fine. My mental health falls within acceptable societal standards, I assure you. Some people find a lot of value in institutions and mental health professionals. I, on the other hand, prefer a DIY approach. Every major issue I've ever had has been resolved by buckling down and dealing with it myself. Its just my way of doing things.

1. profile image0

Well what you may lack in mental stability you have made up for in bicep appeal. lol

You know, my girlfriend once said that, nearly verbatim. There must be something to it.

1. profile image0

lol

2. profile image0
                  Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Right!  I honestly thought I was looking at a profile pick of Jason Stratham.  Man ... I really need to hit the gym! yikes

1. profile image0

Jason Stathum... enjoyable.

2. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I make pizzas on weekends.  I just came from there, actually. big_smile

1. profile image0

Do you deliver? smile

3. profile image0

I cried at Titanic ... Thrice!!!

1. profile image0

Wow, you're brave.

1. profile image0

I was actually confessing to quite the opposite, actually - LOL! Joking aside, I also suffer from an acute anxiety disorder.  Managing it is one of the greater challenges of my life, but I still consider myself to be blessed.

1. profile image0

I would imagine that kind of movie would cause great anxiety.

1. profile image0

She said: "I'll never let go, Jack." and then she let go!  Poor Jack just faded into the abyss.  Why Rose? Why?? big_smile

1. profile image0

lol

2. Lacey-Chris profile image61
            Lacey-Chrisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I  suffer from anxiety too and I passed it on to my daughter.

1. profile image0

This song is always stuck in my head. Maybe it's for you. smile
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

If that first link doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQJxcvFN74

2. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

I have a relative in med school who passed his second year boards at top of class. He recently delivered a baby and got to touch a beating heart in open heart surgery. Also, a publishing company is following me on Twitter. Maybe they will make me famous haha.

1. profile image0

I hope so, that's exciting. Let us know what happens!

3. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

I spent $5000 on my bead collection and didn't tell any boyfriends....

1. profile image0

lol! Why was it any of their business?

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
        Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It was partially their money!

1. profile image0

hahaha

4. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 10 years ago

I am a woman. True story. My first name is Jennifer. My nick name is Jaty as in chatty cathy mixed with jennifer.. LOL I sometimes post online as a man to see if it chances how people treat me.
    My phony last name is because our mother always used to say keeping up with the robertsons becuase our neighbors were rich and named robertson.

1. profile image0

lol... that's cute. If "Keeping up with the Robertsons" catches on, we'll know where it came from.

5. profile image0
    jasonstover9posted 10 years ago

LOL I can not believe Jen told everyone that. Jen lives up the road from me. My thing no one knows. When I was a kid I used to pick the fuzz off of anything that was soft. I have several snuggle bears that are totally clean of any fur.

1. profile image0

Poor lil bears.

1. Hikapo profile image78
        Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am a Britney Spears closet fan when I was younger. I would trash all the Britney fans in school, and go home and listen to "Toxic" and "Crazy".

1. profile image0

Im laughing at you not with you. lol
          Just kidding!

2. Suzanne Day profile image94
          Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey I did the same for Kylie Minogue. But even today I'm still embarrassed to admit it.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I was an extra in "Ghostbusters 2."

1. profile image0

Nuh uh!
      Can you see yourself if you watch the movie?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Swear to Gawd. At one point I was behind a Police sawhorse barrier, about ten feet away from the ECTO-1 Ghostbustermobile and Dan Aykroyd.

There was a huge crowd so I've never been able to pick myself out when I see the film. When the scene comes up I just say "Ehh, I'm in that mess someplace!"

1. profile image0

Fun. My friend was an extra in The A Team.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
          DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Put it on pause....  then you can search for yourself!   ;-)

7. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 10 years ago

I was on the Art Linkletter "Kids say the Darndest Things" show-- probably the only kid on the history of the show that didn't say something funny. I got a pair of roller skates for my appearance. Mom was bummed out because one of the boys got a bicycle, but I loved the skates.

1. profile image0

lol, that's awesome. Do you ever *not have a great childhood story?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I DID have a great childhood-- Wonderful parents and sister and aunts and uncles and cousins who all liked each other. We were not wealthy, but I didn't know that.
        In fact, when I finally learned the facts of life-- I was really surprised that people didn't have more kids when there was apparently something you could do to facilitate that. Life was fun and wonderful.(I had originally thought that if you had a baby, you were just lucky, or something.)
        What I didn't realize was that a lot of people did not have the happy family and loving parents that I had.

1. profile image0

Im sure that's why you became an educator.

I fought against being an educator-- I had seen what kids do to teachers. "Accident and circumstance" eased me into education as I became a parent volunteer in the school of my children, then was hired as a classroom aide, then went on to full time and long time substitute, and sub teacher trainer.  Odd, isn't it? In college I started as an English major-- then changed because i realized that would make me a teacher. I changed to an art major (art history) with a journalism minor. Oddly enough, I did take some educational psychology and art education classes as electives.So I guess it was in the cards or stars.

1. profile image0

You can't run away from your destiny. smile

1. profile image0
                epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

that and your density as I have found.

1. profile image0

true

8. spartucusjones profile image91
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

I wear a luchador mask and $5 poncho!

Everyone knows that. big_smile

2. profile image0

why?

Read his hubs, if you really want to know.

3. profile image0

You and your poncho!

9. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

My real name is William...it use to be Willamina back when I was older...people change...

1. profile image0

Im not sure what to say... Nice to meet you?

10. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

I make home made products to sell for extra cash.

1. profile image0

Good for you!

1. profile image0
        cjaroszposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't make me millions by no means. Just a little extra pocket change

1. profile image0

Sometimes the little things make a huge difference.

11. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 10 years ago

Something about me:

I haven't published anything new on HubPages in a very, very long time. I want to come back so badly, but I have so little time and I'm afraid anything I publish won't do well because this really isn't a great place for writers anymore. (I'm not saying this is the case, I'm just identifying it as a fear.)

1. profile image0

I think everybody gets that doubt. I hope that wont keep you from writing though. smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I recognize your name--- and flipping through your hub titles, I know you have a lot of interesting stuff to share. Hope you  jump back in, at least to comment. smile.

1. melbel profile image93
        melbelposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I recognize your name too. I've not really been active on HubPages in a year and not particularly social around the forums/site in about two years. My, how time flies!

Indeed. smile

12. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 10 years ago

Hi Beth

Trying to think of something that can be published without offending the site censors or sounding boastful.... But I can actually confess to what you suggested in your opening post, although I am happy not to hide my name.............

1. profile image0

Who did you murder? Don't worry I wont tell anyone... also, what is your address... Im not going to call the police, Im just curious.

1. profile image0

Waite, start with proper writing etiquette. Where is the body? Sets the stage and how did you do it? Sets the tone. Form before fascination.

2. LeanMan profile image79
        LeanManposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It was a mercy killing at the request of the "victim"!

My father inlaw had lung cancer and was in a huge amount of pain and struggling to breath - the doctors could do no more, he was in his last weeks and could not take any more. He asked me to overdose him on his morphine so I did..

I don't feel guilty about it, nor do I feel that it was wrong - a human being should not have to endure the pain that he was going through when there is clearly no other option and no opportunity to be cured. He thanked me and slept.........

1. profile image0

wow. Now you can literally hear jaws slamming to the floor.
          Ok everyone, LeanMan wins most shocking confession. At least you were man enough to do it. Despite the technicality that I am a woman. I am not man enough to do that. Not even close.

2. profile image0

Im sorry. My friend just died of that last Dec. Her husband said it was brutal.

1. LeanMan profile image79

It is a terrible way to go, in someways though more terrible to watch. I would never want to go through it myself, nor would I ever let someone suffer through it if they did not want to.
            I think some of these European countries that allow assisted suicide have got it right for cases like this..

I did not find what I did hard, nor did I ever have nightmares or anything else, it really was a mercy, it was harder to watch him suffer and I would have had nightmares for ever if I had refused his request.
            I know that some people would think that what I did was wrong, but then they will likely have never been in that situation. We don't let animals suffer like that, so why should we do it to people?

1. profile image0

Im a firm believer that it is up to God to give and take life, but I understand why you did what you felt you needed to do. I don't judge you... it's not my place. I can't imagine being in that place. Im sorry.

If god exists he gave us an intellect and the ability to act - we can choose to act and cure a disease so why not choose to act and end suffering if there is no other option?
                That's my opinion anyway.. lol...

1. profile image0

I understand.

3. Solaras profile image93
          Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My former mother-in-law in the Netherlands was assisted by her doctor.  It was not spoken of then, but done with good conscience. Family members did not object, when there was no hope and only more pain to come.  She just went unexpectedly after the doctor visited.  I think everyone was spared suffering...

1. profile image0

So much suffering in the world...

4. profile image0

Believe me when I say that I am not trying to make light of your experience, and I feel for you for having been put in such a tough spot, but ... You realize that you just admitted to murder on a public forum, right?

1. profile image0

Although "lean man" might be difficult to find in the US, a land filled with white ppl, "lean man" might be easier to find in say... Saudi Arabia, where I believe he resides. He seems a reasonably intelligent guy though, I think the laws are different there.... but I'm just guessing.

1. profile image0

Well, it was certainly a tough spot to be put in, and my heart goes out to him.  It's not my place to pass judgement or come down on the guy.  We all make our choices, and then live with them — that's what free will is all about.

1. profile image0

True enough.

13. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

I was a cat person until ten years ago.  I made many outrageous arguments regarding cats' superior intelligence to the smarts of dogs. Then I got a border collie.

Now I am ashamed of myself, but I can't admit it to those that heard my arguments. "Cats are smarter because they use a litter box," or "because they won't be told what to do." "Cats have servants and dogs are slaves...".

I still love my kitties, but they really aren't very willing to please... Now my dogs have a slave of their own - me lol. So much for that argument.

1. profile image0

Im a dog person. I understand that.

1. profile image0

I never hear anyone say they are a turtle person. Turtles get a bad rap in my book. I am not a turtle person, I am more a chipmunk person. They are cute fast, cleaver, and very cute. Did I mention how cute they are?

I like rats, very affectionate....

I used have a pair that used to love sitting on my shoulder and my kids loved them too... my neighbor at the time was a terrible snob, and freaked out when she saw them.. she tried to get a petition together to the owners of the estate that we lived on to try to force me not to keep them - stupid woman!!
          A month after we moved out I returned there with 20 young rats and posted them through her letterbox at 3am!! I really feel sorry for those rats but it was worth it.. lol

1. Solaras profile image93

On Dr. Pol there was a couple with a rat who had tumors, and finally was at his end.  They were heart broken.  At first I though, a rat?  Then I thought, yes, they love it; I really never had a pet rat, maybe they are more loving than I know.  I was sad for them and their loss.  I hate to see people lose their pets.

2. profile image0

Could you clarify what "[P]osted them through her letterbox at 3am" means?

2. Solaras profile image93

I have issues with both chipmunks and turtles.  When I was 9 or so, the cats had abused a chipmunk near the pool.  Here was my Disney moment; I could catch it and make it my friend. I caught it and it bit me. In fact it was hanging off my index finger by its 2 front teeth.  I cocked my arm back and flung it forward; the chipmunk crossed the pool, hit the deck, slid and went running.  Now I was too ashamed to tell my parents I might have rabies. I worried for the next month.

Last summer a giant ( 1 foot long shell) snapping turtle appeared in the play ground with my dogs. I would not have noticed it, but the dogs were wild.  I tried picking it up to remove it and it jumped - high and long.  I was shocked.  Then I thought to hit it with a stick, piss it off and have it bite the stick and drag it out of the play ground.  Nothing doing - he just hissed and hopped.  Scary he was.  I rounded up the dogs and we left by the other exit.

I guess my next confession is cowardice in the extreme when it comes to wildlife, especially ROACHES.

14. profile image0

We've definitely learned some interesting things about each other so far. smile

1. profile image0

Have we? Oh I see a clothing add for zulily ill be back!

15. Cgenaea profile image60
    Cgenaeaposted 10 years ago

I have had 5 abdominal surgeries. Not many people I know have had any! Appendectomy,  exploratory (following a severe car crash), cholecystectomy, myomectomy, anda c-section.  I am fit as a fiddle and I am grateful to God. That appendix ruptured and the hospital was in the process of discharging me. smile the crash was severe and I needed the respirator.  The gall bladder gave me a 105 degree temp 3weeks after the birth of my son. Grateful to be alive and well!!!

1. profile image0

Oh wow. That's a lot to endure. Glad you are with us!

16. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

http://i.imgflip.com/4l9co.jpg

1. profile image0

lol
      Let us know when you come up with something.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I had a pet ground squirrel that looked a lot like this. I captured it as a baby and wrote the hub.

1. profile image0

What was his name?

Joe Peeper-- though maybe, Josephine.
          http://rochelle-frank.hubpages.com/hub/ … cket-Mouse

1. profile image0

I can't believe it. Four years! Amazing. And as always, an engaging read. I very much enjoyed it. Now I know what to get you for Christmas this year. wink

I appreciate the thought, Beth37, but no, please, NO! -- we now live in the woods. We have plenty of deer, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, possums, coyotes, gophers, moles, chipmunnks, foxes, turtles, frogs,  lizards, innumerable insects and various kinds of birds:--raptors, waterfowl songbirds and insufferable woodpeckers.  We have even seen an occasional bear and bobcat. Our small dog is constantly entertained.

1. profile image0

Raptors? Those things are super dangerous. Be very careful.

Not like prehistoric -velosoraptors --The raptors I'm talking about are hawks, eagles, owls-- the Saw Whet Owl, subject of my children's book, is about the size of a soda can-- so cute, but still a predator.

1. profile image0

wink

17. profile image0

Here's a life expectancy test if anyone is interested.

http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortali … cForm.html

1. spartucusjones profile image91
      spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh man! It looks like I only have a week to live! It was nice knowing you...

1. profile image0

lol. I hope that's not true.

No, I made that up. Apparently I am going to live until I am 78. But I may of made up some of my answers. So who really knows.

1. profile image0

lol

I'm going to live to be 86.... +/- 40 years so I could be dead tomorrow - best make the most of today!!

1. profile image0

It doesn't leave room for lawnmower accidents. We never know.

1. Will Apse profile image88
                  Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It the accidents of grammar that pose the greatest threat to a writer.

edit: also missing words.

1. profile image0

I wasn't aware that poor grammar took lives! I'm scared to even finish this sentence. sad

18. annajazz profile image81
    annajazzposted 10 years ago

I'm a college student who procrastinates more then then she lets on. Writing papers the night before always brings about the best imagination, syntax, and ideas in my opinion. wink

I am also a professional procrastinator. I have been putting off being an adult for a number of years now. Maybe I will get around to it tomorrow.

1. annajazz profile image81
        annajazzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tomorrow:  a mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored. wink

1. profile image0

Did you write that? That's a great quote.

2. profile image0

I hope it wont stress you out in years to come. Nice to meet you. smile

1. annajazz profile image81
        annajazzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh geez I sure hope not. Thankfully I'm not an English Major and papers are rare. smile Though, interestingly enough, if a paper has nothing to do with school, I find that I rarely procrastinate over it, i.e. Hubpages etc... Nice meeting you as well. smile

19. jponiato profile image88
    jponiatoposted 10 years ago

My family lived in a haunted house when I was a teenager.  I've yet to put that story in writing, but will someday.  I did tell an abridged version of it during a radio interview.

1. profile image0

Im sure that would make for an interesting story.

20. cfin profile image65
    cfinposted 10 years ago

I Love Lamp!

1. profile image0

hahahaha... one of my favorite quotes. Sadly I say it whenever I can't think of anything else to say. Half the time ppl don't know what Im talking about... but it amuses me.

1. profile image0

"They've done studies, you know: 60% of the time, it works — EVERY time!"  Ah, that movie was great ... The mustache.  The jazz flute.  The hilarity.

1. profile image0

"Im locked in a glass box of emotion!"

1. profile image0

Lol — Maybe someone ought to start a thread for folks to post their favorite Anchorman quotes.  That should make everyone smile! wink

1. profile image0

Im at my limit.. if I start anymore I will have to pay back the .29 cents Ive earned this month.

1. profile image0

I don't blame you for not diving on THAT grenade — .29 cents is nothing to sneeze at where I come from! (Re: "You can have this quarter when you pry it from my cold, dead, hands!!")

21. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

OK, Beth....I didn't think I had anything worthwhile to report (or divulge) until I read through this long....LONG  thread.   Now I have something to say that even I didn't know:
      You and I have a VERY rare trait, in common.  I don't often admit it or discuss it, but I TOO am a "recluse" at heart.  Absolutely no one who knows me ( or better said, "thinks" they know me)  would ever guess this or believe this about me...(either.)  Yes, because I am friendly, outgoing, gabby, helpful and very active.....like you, it just doesn't "look like," at my very core, I adore solitude, peace, quiet and being my own person.....a "loner," so to speak. 
    The reason that this rare trait is not often admitted to, is because being a true recluse is erroneously believed to be "unhealthy,"  both mentally and physically.  Nothing could be further from the true reality of it. The pure truth is that this is a positive sign of complete mental and emotional stability....and no bragging here, but usually people like US have a genius IQ.  The vital fact to understand is that there is a complete world of difference between VOLUNTARY seclusion and solitude....and a FORCED and/or unwanted seclusion.   Yes, this may be common sense...but many people would still argue it.
    With the years, experience & knowledge under my belt, I do know what I'm talking about.    BTW....and FYI.....this trait of ours becomes stronger & more important as we age....so, now you know what to look forward to, young one.   I am extremely happy and grateful to be this way.

1. LongTimeMother profile image91
      LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol. I am happy to be at an age and stage where I can totally indulge myself in my off-grid reclusive lifestyle with my husband and my youngest child. Other than close friends and family, nobody is allowed to bug me.  Unlisted phone, post office box, oh the delights that the modern age brings us. smile

2. profile image0

Promise I have something to look forward to? I think maybe we are not alike in that you are a genius and healthy and I am a bit mental. lol But if you tell me it's a good thing, I will believe you and look for bright days ahead. smile

1. fpherj48 profile image61
        fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

By all means, believe me.  I'm going to assume you are joking somewhat, when you refer to yourself as "a little mental?"  More importantly, to the ear (in this case, "eyes")of a professional, "a little mental," encompasses a multitude of human issues.....not all of them, negative, BTW.  What I'm able to surmise, is that you are highly sensitive, compassionate and led by empathy.  Perhaps you associate these traits with weakness....thus, you feel "a little mental."   Pls don't make that mistake.  The entire world desperately needs more individuals like you.  Trust me.

1. profile image0

Im just teasing. I think at best Im empathetic and at worst Im lonelier than Id like to be... but life's full of seasons... we just keep muddling thru from one to the other. Im due for a really good one I think. smile
          Thanks for your kind words.

22. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 10 years ago

I watch Tom and Jerry everyday.

1. profile image0

haha, that's cute. I wonder if it make you feel violent towards mice?

1. Anamika S profile image69
        Anamika Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am hygiene obsessed and cannot stand any pests in my house (There isn't any). I just love the characters so much (especially Jerry)  and have no problem watching them again and again. They make me smile every time I watch them. And for your information, I am 42.

1. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This might not be the best place to admit killing cute little furry things....

http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/smith_meg2/images/House%20Mouse.jpg

This mouse wants to live in your heart.

1. profile image0

Daaawww!

2. profile image0

Literally. Sleep well.

23. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 years ago

You were raised right.

24. pennylu profile image83
    pennyluposted 10 years ago

I was visited by some kind of spirits in the night before.  I saw their form beside me, hovering nearby when I was alone in my room and had just turned out the lights.  It scared me horribly and I started shouting, running for the door.  My sister came to help me, and neither of us could open the door (she on the outside).  I struggled but the door (which had no lock) was firmly held.  This went on for what seemed like ten minutes though I'm certain it was a matter of seconds.  It was not my only encounter, and not the only time I felt hair raising presences in a room.  Once, when I had a visit, a large mobile fell from the ceiling, on top of me.  Another time, a plant stand fell over on top of my very pregnant belly when I was resting in someone else's home.  I don't have these occurrences anymore, and I'm glad, and I don't talk about it.  Most people would think I'm crazy.  I'm not.  I don't think I'm the only person who has had this kind of thing happen.  I did seek out counseling on how to deal with it, because I was afraid of my own place and I couldn't sleep well.  I'm glad I did.

1. profile image0

You're right... my first thought is, "She's crazy." But I do understand. A few years back I was very sick. Hallucinations were one of the side effects. (It was not a mental disorder, but a physical one.) Anyhoo, terrifying is a good description and I couldn't imagine something like that could have ever happened to me, a plain Jane, but at the very least, it's just another one of those things you make it thru that gives you compassion for others. Im sorry you had to go thru that.

1. pennylu profile image83
        pennyluposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're so right, it does give me a lot of compassion for people.  I had to laugh at your first response though.  Funny, if you look at what I write on hubpages you'll see that I'm a perfectly normal individual who just had some abnormal experiences early on in my life, no doubt mostly due to the fact that as a child growing up I was pulled into some weird supernatural practices which I no longer practice.

1. profile image0

So yours was due to the spiritual realm. I wouldn't scoff at that either. I believe very much in satan and his demons. I hope you're surrounded by Someone more powerful now.

25. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

I can't think of anything no one knows about me--I'm pretty open.

1. profile image0

Me too, I probably shouldn't be so open, but I feel like a liar when I hold things back. I don't feel like it's necessarily a healthy thing. Maybe Im just compulsive.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was raised that it is rude to ignore/refuse to answer questions, so even if I'm trying to do an interview, I find it gets turned around on me, and I end up answering questions...it's very awkward.

26. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 10 years ago

I was once within hand shaking distance of Bill Gates

1. profile image0

Gotta ask... did you shake his hand?

27. pennylu profile image83
    pennyluposted 10 years ago

Yes, I most definitely am!  Thank you!

1. profile image0

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)