jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Mad at Myself - Figured out how to Save C Note

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

But too messed up to do it.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90

Monthly.

3. jonnycomelately profile image85
    jonnycomelatelyposted 3 years ago

Would that be Bottom C, Middle C or Top C ?  Or you could "Sing a Little Song With Me," let's C.

Or you could look for a yacht, and say "where's the sea," but the C is in the middle of yacht, you C?

4. paradigmsearch profile image90

The saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned.", is wrong. A penny saved is really worth 2 pennies earned. Saved money is not taxed. One way or another, I'm going to force myself to save that pesky $100 a month. I just got to get off my butt and do it.

1. jonnycomelately profile image85
      jonnycomelatelyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ok, think I got you now... C as in Cent, or $100 note...

Well when I simply had to save up money, I found it much more successful if I didn't try to save too much in large lumps at a time

Better to put away such a tiny amount each day or each week, so you learn to live without it.... so small it makes very little difference to your day-to-day, moment-to-moment life.  These tiny amounts gradually, invisibly, amount up to what you want, over a month. 

If you try it in big amounts, you first have to "make do" without that amount, which can hurt/be inconvenient/impossible to do.  You always remember that it's there, tucked away.  Always the temptation to tap into it.  The tiny bits you can easily forget about until the end of the month, and - there it is!  Just what you planned to do, then the success spurs you on to greater things.

1. Tom Mukasa profile image81
        Tom Mukasaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Indeed saving money is one way of extending the time into the future for having funds. Save the c's and p's........The solfa notes lack c and p. It is

working