jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone have any experience with FanStory? I am curious about it.

1. PegCole17 profile image90
    PegCole17posted 2 years ago

Has anyone tried this writing site or know anything positive or negative about it? I just read their terms and it seems as if the writer keeps their copyright to material submitted, but the site has the right to edit and distribute as they like.

It requires a paid membership which can be offset by contests offered monthly or by doing reviews. The good news is that they seem to like stories or chapters of a story and even poetry. I see they have a HubPages profile and yet only one hub which seems to be an advert for their site.

I'm curious. I'd like to know more about them before joining.
    Thank you.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Here's a comparison between FanStory (which users have to pay for) and HubPages (which is free), as compared on Quantcast for the dates of Oct 3 - Nov 3, 2013:

FS unique visits = 1,588
    HP unique visits = 28,249,782

FS pageviews = 34,391
    HP pageviews = 51,544,504

Why pay to post your content on a site that has almost no traffic and readership?  (Also note that FanStory is about six years older than HubPages too)

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
      Rik Ravadoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A very convincing argument in favour of Hubpages!

1. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is true, Rik. HubPages rocks. smile

Thanks for joining in on the thread.

2. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello Ms. Relache
      Those rankings certainly tell a tale as to their effectiveness. Thank you very much. I will not be exploring them further. It seemed like a good opportunity for a brief moment. Their ad came up when I was on Facebook this morning.
      Thanks so much for saving me the time, money and effort there.