jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Constructive feedback on title choice

1. ShyeAnne profile image85
    ShyeAnneposted 2 years ago

As I continue to learn on Hubpages I am recognising the importance of a strong, well searched article title. Is there a forum, or is it allowed in this forum where I can  create a discussion and post potential titles for constructive comparisons?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shye,

Actually one of the best ways to choose a title that people are searching for is to use Google Search Autocomplete. When you type a word or phrase into the Google Search field, it offers suggestions based on what others have searched for in the past. Check out the Learning Center entry as well for more detailed suggestions: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title

2. ShyeAnne profile image85
      ShyeAnneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the replies, all good information.  What I am looking for is personal input on options I use.  I am gaining a clearer understanding of how to potentially increase my hub traffic.

2. rcorcutt profile image73
    rcorcuttposted 2 years ago

One thing I like to do and I hope it works is add a subtitle to my title so there are more word options for the search to pick up.
    I have done a little bit of experimenting by adding just the title and letting the HUB sit there for a few days and then changing it to add a small subtitle and it really seemed to get me some more views.

3. Writer Fox profile image79
    Writer Foxposted 2 years ago

1. Your title should be no more than 60 characters, including spaces. 
    2. Your URL should be as short as possible and not an exact duplicate of your Hub title. 
    3. For best results, use two or three keyword phrases in your title, carefully chosen by using the Google Keyword Planner and evaluating the competition for the search phrases.
    4. Do not use anything in your title which does not accurately describe the Hub content.
    5. Yes, you can post possible titles and ask for suggestions in the forum.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I've been known to post, "Alternate title: blah blah blah", as the first line in the first text capsule of a few of my hubs.

5. Bishop55 profile image91
    Bishop55posted 2 years ago

I use google trends to work on titles/meta tags.  try that. smile  Hope it helps.