jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Georgia Weather

1. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

So I'm not sure how many states can have weather like Georgia does. I mean first off where I'm at, we really only have two seasons. Fall and Spring last all of a week maybe two or three if we're lucky.

But, get this.... This past weekend was crazy!

We start the weekend off with rains on Friday. Saturday morning a tornado that destroys parts of our "sister city," leaving dead horses and cows all over the roads and fields. The weather stayed at a near constant 74F all day. And we wake up Sunday with about 5-6 inches of snow.

Go figure.

1. brad4l profile image82
      brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We have had some equally weird weather where I live.

It was 70 on Friday, but cooled down and rained that night.

By Sunday it was snowing and up until today, Wednesday, it didn't get above 15 degrees at night.

Now they say by this weekend it will be back up to 70.

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Over the last month there has been some really funny weather in Southern California.  We only have about two seasons, summer and winter, but there can be some varying odds during those seasons.  Personally I love the heat and did not complain about the warm weather we had from early June 2008 up until the end of October of last year.  It was warmer during the Fall and Spring last year, but that did not bother me.  This winter has been odd where we have some weeks with heat waves in the eighties, and other weeks where it rains for several days.  During our winters the extremes can be ridiculous, but we are still in a drought because the valley does not get enough rain, and the mountains do not get enough snow as opposed to when I was younger.  The paradoxes of Southern California weather can be seen on postcards showing orange trees down here in the valley, and the snow capped mountains about twenty miles in the distance.

3. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

You should think yourself lucky as in the UK we have two seasons as well but they are slightly different to the two seasons you describe.  Wet/windy/unsettled weather for about 50 weeks a year, and then two weeks of sunny weather!  Maybe I am exagerating a bit but I am sure my fellow UK hubbers will get what I mean.  Still at least we don't get any tornados!

4. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Tornadoes and snow, now that's two things we didn't have here in the past month.

In Queensland, to my north, they've had floods. To the south, Victoria, they had out of control bushfires.

Right where I am, pretty much in the middle point between them, we had two scorching weeks of heat which, much to my surprise, didn't result in bushfires. And then that was followed by two weeks of constant rain. So we had both lots of extreme weather, but thankfully no loss of life and property,

5. mdvaldosta profile image59
    mdvaldostaposted 7 years ago

Yea it's crazy... I'm in Valdosta and we got a few snowflakes mixed with rain... but a couple hours north in Warner Robins where my sons are there was a BUNCH of snow. They took some great pictures, and have never seen snow before.