jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)

Ooh! Is that a new facebook like button on our hubs?

1. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 3 years ago

The Facebook like button suddenly looks different to me. Is it new? I like it, it really seems to stand out more! smile

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It still looks the same to me smile unless you're checking it out after a really long time? Not sure if it changed over the past few months.

2. Anurag2008 profile image89
      Anurag2008posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Facebook replaced the good old "thumbs up" button with a brand new Like button. Here's more info http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/facebo … d=20809010

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

On Editor Choice hubs, I've noticed the layout is wider and everything appears larger.

I read a couple of days ago that FB is changing their like/share buttons.

Oh they do look a bit better. I just compared my editors choice hubs with the normal ones, don't see any difference. The widths etc are the same in my case.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
        rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I compared your Green Apples hub to the Tomato plant hub above it, and saw a difference.  The green apples hub is wider and slightly larger on my screen.

Ooh okay smile It's the same size on my screen though. Probably some kind of glitch I guess somewhere

That's interesting.  I wonder if it's browser related.  I've compared quite a few hubbers and see the same thing, their EC hubs are more prominent on the screen.

Oh Chrome here latest version

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
              Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mine seem the same, using Firefox.

I know I'm not crazy. lol.  I'm on the latest version of FF on a Mac, but even before it updated, I noticed the difference between EC/non EC hubs.  I checked two of yours and saw a difference with one of your EC hubs. 

Maybe HP staff will come along and say I'm crazy.. hmm  but I do see a noticeable difference.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89

I'm sure you are seeing something different, but don't know why. I'm also FF, latest version, on a Mac. I even brought up a  non EC on a separate page and compared side by side with about a dozen different ECs.  (Maybe I'm the crazy one.)

The EC hubs measure 11 inches W.

Non EC hubs measure 8 in. W

Do you see the difference or are they showing the same on your computer?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89

I don't see any difference on mine, either.

3. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 3 years ago

I didn't klnow you could see if a hub was an Editor's Choice or not.... did they change that?  It used to be that only the author would know, by seeing the icon when logged in.

I've just checked one of my EC hubs against a non EC hub and they're the same width (firefox).

There are ways to find editors choice hubs, but I'm not gonna say it here now as there would probably be scrapers around. See the difference between the two kinds and you would notice. Look above the fold.

1. earner profile image85
        earnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not sure why scrapers would care.... some of my EC hubs don't get any traffic; being an EC/not doesn't make any difference to my traffic.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92

It's no secret that the EC hubs are on the HP domain, just check the url.

Ooh okay... Just browse through the HP categories, all of them are EC hubs. Individual hubs aren't shown on categories anymore.

I'm not sure where you're looking, but there are plenty of non EC hubs listed on the topical category pages.

1. melbel profile image91
            melbelposted 3 years ago in reply to this

None of my hubs are EC. It killed my traffic. sad But it's coming back now.

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 years ago

EC is the same width as all hubs.

Is there a reason why they are showing larger on my computer?  It's not bothering me at all, just curious why there is definitely a difference between the two on my mac desktop.

working