jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

My feeling as a sad and worried Filipino

1. Alphapx profile image75
    Alphapxposted 2 years ago

The true sadness of my people from the strong earthquake and the typhoon Haiyan the strongest typhoon in history.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My prayers go out for your country that things get better soon

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You all are in our hearts.  It's always difficult to hear of these tragic events.  Help is on the way and we hope you are safe.

1. Alphapx profile image75
        Alphapxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. We are that tough but this time is harder than expected.

3. Goodpal profile image88
      Goodpalposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is certainly a sad time and a reminder that man is nothing before nature's furies. A humble time to pray for all who suffered and those whose lives are made hard in the long run.

I salute all those involved in the rescue mission and sending aids.

2. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 2 years ago

We are certainly worried about the people in the Philippines, and especially the Hubbers who live there.  Here is a forum thread about the concern:

3. jemuelO profile image88
    jemuelOposted 2 years ago

The calamity in the Philippines does not end with Haiyan. Northern Mindanao and Visayas are expecting another tropical storm named Zoraida. This storm is not as strong as Haiyan/Yolanda but still we can't discount the effect it may bring to the victims of previous calamities. Bohol and Cebu who experienced 7.2 Magnitude quake last October and the strongest typhoon Haiyan last week will be once again hit by Zoraida. I don't know what is happening in this world right now, but we Filipinos will stand up once again in the midst of these trials.Just keep the faith.

here's some link about Zoraida:
    http://weather.com.ph/announcements/tro … number-001
    http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news … eas-313189

4. einron profile image84
    einronposted 2 years ago

Pray to God for mercy and repent for whatever wrong occurred.  God controls the weather.  These are the last days before Jesus comes again to judge the world.  God would listen to our prayers.

5. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 2 years ago

My heart goes out to everyone who may be in harms-way, there are no easy fixes but I do pray that something positive that can add relief, be done soon.

1. ologsinquito profile image92
      ologsinquitoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am so sorry this happened. People all around the world are praying for your country right now.

6. thumbi7 profile image81
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

It was horrific and sad to watch the video clippings of the disaster.
    My heartfelt feelings and prayers for your country....

7. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

I posted this link on the other thread about the disaster in the Philippines.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1 … rref=world

It has a list of links to organisations that are helping out in the Philippines and looking for donations and support, please support them if you can.

Luckily for my family we are far from the worst hit areas and only suffered minor property damage and not injury or loss of life. People here are trying to help out as much as we can, everyone in our company today has bought in donations of food, clothes and blankets that will be sent along with donations from other local companies near us. The people of the Philippines pull together when things like this happen but they need as much help as possible from everyone....

8. pamij profile image61
    pamijposted 2 years ago

I have no words for this tragedy........