jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Does adding copyright info on a hub cause a new review?

1. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I have 50+ featured hubs and need to sit down and go back through them to add the copyright info at the bottom of each hub. I was wondering if that small amount of additional information will cause the hub to go back through the entire review process. I was also wondering if that would cause it to be listed as a newly published hub and/or change the date it was originally published.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Anytime you edit a Hub, it goes back through the QAP process.  Bummer. And anytime you update, that becomes the visible date that other people see.

1. profile image0
        sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you WriterFox. I figure while I'm adding the copyright notice, I'll also make some improvements on some of my lower scoring hubs. Hopefully, I can take what I think are good hubs and make them great.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, if you do it through the new copyright feature that HP added (rather than writing the text yourself), the date will not change. I have just tested this myself out of curiosity. I suspect it will also not go through QAP again either, though I'm not 100% on that.

The copyright notice can be added through a menu on the sidebar of the hub when you are in the edit screen.  Go to "Display Options" and expand that menu, then choose whether or not to display your copyright notice.  If you choose yes, it will use the "real name" if you have filled that out on your profile. Currently yours is Sheila Rae Myers. Let me see if I can upload  a screenshot for you.

1. profile image0

Thank you calculus-geometry. Most of hubs only need the copyright added so it's good the date will remain the same. I'll have to add it to some of them and then watch to see if they get re-evaluated and then post the results here if someone doesn't mention it before then. And thanks for adding the screenshot because I couldn't remember where the copyright thing was. I guess I know what my weekend project will be.

3. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8503036_f248.jpg

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi sheilamyers,

calculus-geometry is right on both counts. If you use our standard copyright feature, your Hub will not go back through the QAP (unless you make other changes at the same time), and the date it was published will not change either. smile

1. profile image0

Thank you Christy. I'd like to let you and the other people who work at HP I really appreciate how easy you all make it for us to get answers to our questions.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aw, shucks, thanks! We're happy to help. smile

working