jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

I received a copyright on one of my hubs what do I do now?

1. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

I received a copyright on one of my hubs the problem has been taken care of what do I do now to get the © symbol off?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image72
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago in reply to this

IN Edit mode, I hope, you can just remove that mark and resubmit.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Edit the hub that it © symbol is on the right side click on

DISPLAY OPTIONS
      Ads:  On/Off
      Hub Group:
      Copyright -no notice- / © 2013 your name

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Shyron, that's not what moonlake was asking about. She was asking about copied hubs that were taken care of, not about removing the copyright statement. Just want to keep things clear to avoid confusion.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If the copy was removed after you filed a DMCA complaint, then be patient. The © symbol will automatically be removed when HP checks again. If you click on "Copied Hubs" on your account page, you'll see when it was last checked. It's not checked that often, so all you need to do is wait. There is not way to turn it off yourself.

2. attorneyhelp profile image60
    attorneyhelpposted 3 years ago

Click on edit mode

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

If someone ELSE has stolen your content, and you've got the content removed, you'll need to wait till Hubpages does their next check before the C will be removed.

1. moonlake profile image88
      moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I did go into the edit mode and there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it so I guess your right I just have to wait for it to come off. Many of my hubs have been copied and I have never received a copyright on here now I get one and it's my own YouTube for this hub.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had one that stayed there for a long time. Maybe as long as a year. Just leave it and don't worry about it if the copied content has been taken down. It hurts your hub in no way at all.

4. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

I have that symbol on one of my hubs, but I don't really care. It wasn't copied without my permission, so I don't see any harm in it.

5. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

If you have the © symbol in your stats report, click the  "copied hubs" link in the link list at the top left of the stats page. This will show you where the copy is. It also has a link to help you file your DMCA complaint. 

Not all copied hubs are caught by HubPages. It's a good idea for you to keep a watch out for it, especially for those hubs that have high traffic. An way way to find stolen copies is to copy and paste a line of text from your article into Google search.

If you had an Editor's Choice hub that was stolen, see: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118348

working