jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a problem with Page Views Stats?

1. TDowling profile image90
    TDowlingposted 3 years ago

How can I have 72 hits on a Hubs that’s hours old? Especially since I haven't sent out an email and Tweet informing family and friends about this Hub.

I regularly check the amount of users viewing each of my Hubs. I go to Statistics (hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats) and at the top of the graph under Page Views, I click on 7 Day so the arrow is pointing up (meaning I’m looking at the data in descending order). This give me an idea of which Hubs people are currently interested in. 

I published a Hub on Flash mobs on 11/12/13 around 9 pm (less than 24 hours ago) and here’s the data I received for it:

Page Views:  1 Day: 8 | 7 Days: 72 | 30 Days: 72 | Published: 11/12/13

Can this be? Are there 72 Hubbers who are that inquisitive about my Hubs in less than ONE day?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In a week you've had 72 visits, but only 8 of them within the last 24 hours.  How many times did you visit the hub, writing it?

TDowlingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That week is less than 24 hours spanning over yesterday 11/12/13 and today.
        I may have visited this Hub once or twice after it was published. I don't think any of my visits to the webpage even counts before I published it.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your visits count the minute you create the hub not only when published. If you created the hub a few days ago and frequently edit for publishing those views will count. It's always a good thing to note how many hits you have on a hub before you hit the publish button. That will give you an idea of how many real visits you have.

TDowlingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so VERY much, Cardisa.It all makes sense now. This was the first time I checked Page Views Stats soon after I published. -TD

working