jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Pinterest and Photos on Hubs

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Hi--another question from this newbie to Pinterest...

If I pinned a hub that originally had no photos, and have since updated it to include a photo, will it eventually update on Pinterest, or do I need to delete and re-pin?

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Delete it and repin.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

ok, thank you, Writer Fox!

1. Writer Fox profile image79
          Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you do, tell me which of your boards it is and I'll repin it if I have a board that works for it.

It is in my Health Issues board, Writer Fox.

2. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If the hub originally had no photos, WHAT did you pin?

As long as the pinned image is actually relevant, there's no reason to remove it (unless it's got no repins and you want to).

I often find awesome articles online without good images, so I make my own MFP and link it back to the source.

Apparently, when you hit the "pin it" button near the bottom right of the hub, it takes the link to the article, and if there is no image in the article, it substitutes a generic Hub Pages "H" in white on a black background.
        That's what showed up, and led me to check the Hub, where I discovered it needed a photo.

1. WryLilt profile image86

Ah ok. Yes, remove it and pin a new one.

3. JG11Bravo profile image92
      JG11Bravoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'll be figuring Pinterest right along with you.

2. 60
    arshiacomposted 3 years ago

remove it and repin it.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Ok--Part the Second:

I fixed the first issue--deleted & re-pinned, no problems.

The second item, I'm having a more difficult time.  I pinned a hub, and the photo that was at the top was of my granddaughter.  I decided after pinning that I did not want to splash her photo all over the Internet as the primary image, so I deleted the pin.
    Next, I edited the Hub, and changed the sequence of the photos, so that it was a photo of myself that was at the top of the article.  I then hit the "pin" button.

Guess what?   Pinterest did not "see" the change, and again, it came up showing my granddaughter's photo.  So, I deleted it again, hit refresh (both on Pinterest AND here on Hub Pages) and tried once again.  Same exact result--the same photo as before shows up!!  WTH???

Both photos are just about the same size, so that should not affect the matter.  How do I fix THIS dilemma??

1. WryLilt profile image86

Upload the image manually then edit and insert the hub link.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can click on the photo you want pinned and pin that.  Pinterest also usually lets you choose from all the photos in the hub, so look for arrows that show you can use to move to a different image.

Oh, thank you.  I did not realize that.  I thought you just had to use the "pin it" button at the bottom of the article.

4. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image90
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years ago

Maybe, wait 24 hours after deleting, before repinning?

working