jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

URL cannot be changed once selected

1. Inutero profile image86
    Inuteroposted 3 years ago

Yesterday, I created a hub on a specific topic and I only wrote in the title and put it in it's category. I got tired and saved it as it was. I planned to start back on it today.
    Today I changed the title (and topic) of my hub to a completely new subject and re-categorized it. The URL is now the same as my previous title, which is no where near related to the article. Is there any way I can change this?

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can't change the URL. Just delete the hub and republish it under a new URL.

2. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can't change the URL once the hub has been created. As Chasmac said, since you have not published the hub yet, delete that one and start a new one with the URL you want.

3. Bishop55 profile image91
      Bishop55posted 3 years ago in reply to this

can someone correct me if I am wrong, but the url is also the metatag, and correct...can't be changed once assigned.  I've also read that these meta tags don't really affect traffic as long as the title is search friendly, and titles can be modified at anytime, regardless of url/metatags.

1. Cardisa profile image89
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your URL is not your meta tag. The meta tags are built into the HTML of the webpage which you are not responsible for. Whereas, your meta description tag is your summary.

Your titles can be modified at anytime, however the URL is permanent unless you delete the entire page.

1. Bishop55 profile image91
          Bishop55posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  those confuse me!

4. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this
  2. 60
    arshiacomposted 3 years ago

Yes il go with chesmac.

3. janderson99 profile image84
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

Delete, Unpublish and republish with the new URL

Closed to reply