jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Who reads our hubs before they are published?

1. RonElFran profile image97
    RonElFranposted 3 years ago

I just published a hub, but I noticed that just before I published, it already had 25 views. Where do those views come from? What concerns me is that those views obviously happened while the hub was still in development. Do they contribute to the hubscore? It wouldn't make sense to evaluate a hub before the author says it's ready.

1. Melissa A Smith profile image94
      Melissa A Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They are your views, when you click to write it.

2. profile image0
      techhubmasterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Melissa A Smith is right. Hubpages counts your own views. This means that each time you go to edit your hub and you load the page with the hub on it. Hubpages counts it as a view. So, if you have gone to the hub 25 times, the view count will say 25 even though your hub may not even be public.

1. RonElFran profile image97
        RonElFranposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Melissa and techhubmaster. A simple explanation, but one that hadn't occurred to me.

1. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

More than likely it is the souls of hubbers who have been cast out by management and now haunt the servers.

They also leave nonsense comments like 'great hub, voted up'.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
            cheaptrickposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And then there are those of us who are in HP purgatory....desperately trying to claw our way back into the good graces of the phantom god of QAP......as the flames grow nearer...

2. KDomingo profile image90
    KDomingoposted 3 years ago

Hahaha! Wow, I really chuckled at Will's comment. A fine example of humorous sarcasm.

working