jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Help….Adsense rejection

1. EGamboa profile image84
    EGamboaposted 3 years ago

I just received a rejection for my application for Adsense; the long letter describes thing that simply are not going on in my hubs..not enough content..to many videos, too many headlines etc. Could they be mistaken? Or is this a laundry list of things that COULD be wrong. Could enough content may mean I don't have enough hubs (I have 7) And, this may be another crazy stupid question…they kept mentioning my 'site'; am I supposed to have an independent site other than my Hubs here?

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

7 isn't many hubs to try for approval. Write about 20 and then try again. It might take less than this, but I've heard others complain they weren't approved until they had that many.

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

You don't need another site. It's a form letter, so it's not specific to your situation. What they mean by "site" is your HubPages account. And Barbara Kay is right, get your account up to about 20 articles and try again. I think the HP learning center mentions 10 articles (or at least it used to), but that is old information. AdSense is more strict now, based on experiences people have posted here in the last year or so.

3. Paul Rinkenberg profile image80
    Paul Rinkenbergposted 3 years ago

I have 11 hubs published, just started getting adsense revenue from them. I've also been consistently getting over 1000 unique visitors to my hubs a month.

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How many hubs did you have when you applied for AdSense?

4. standontherock profile image82
    standontherockposted 3 years ago

I checked your hubs and I noticed that you have a lot of links. That may be the problem.

EGamboaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all for the good information. One more question, so is Adsense necessary to get on the Hubpages ad program; when I try to register it looks like I have to have Adsense in place.

1. AliciaC profile image95
        AliciaCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, unfortunately it is.

2. barryrutherford profile image30
        barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are other ways to qualify  to open an adsense account that have been posted on threads before. Might be worth looking there

EGamboaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I guess I don't mind waiting. I'll try to get some more hubs up. This gives me some good goal numbers to work towards.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hubs take time to build traffic, so not having Adsense at this stage is no big deal - you wouldn't be earning much from them yet anyway.

Aim for 20 to 30 Hubs, then apply again. 

By the way, I also think you have too many links.  Too many blue links in your text will annoy your readers.   Before you add a link, ask yourself, "if my reader follows this link, will it enhance their experience of this Hub?  Will it be helpful to them?"    If not, don't do it - unless, of course, you need to acknowledge a quote or photograph.  There's no need to link to every organisation or person you mention.

working