jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

WHY WAS MY HUB RATED SO LOW?

1. Travis Kaoulla profile image89
    Travis Kaoullaposted 3 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I recently uploaded a Hub titled, My Parents Generation. I thought it was a well written piece that did not rely too heavily on personal opinion. Is there any chance somebody could look it over and tell me where I went wrong?

Here is the link to the hub: http://traviskaoulla.hubpages.com/hub/M … Generation

Thank you so much for your help!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Travis!  You are off to a fantastic start.  I would recommend taking a look at our Learning Center; we have a lot of great information there.  Our entries about creating a Stellar Hub, our HP Style Guidelines, and how to improve the quality of a Hub might be a good place to start.  You are a great writer; I'm excited to read more of your work!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Add at least 3 relevant, purdy pics. Break up text into smaller paragraphs. smile

3. Travis Kaoulla profile image89
    Travis Kaoullaposted 3 years ago

Thank you for your response! Ugh, is that how they rate the hubs? Based off of how many pics you have? I was hoping they rated them purely out of how well written they are. Don't hesitate to tell me if mine was, in fact, poorly written! Thanks again!

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

Oh, not just pictures!

Polls, maps, videos and any other non-text capsule you can squeeze in will all make your hub get a better score from the people at MTurk who earn a few cents for rating your work. It's not entirely their fault, as this is what the Hubpages scoring system they work with tells them adds value to hubs.

Travis Kaoullaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Meh, Alright. If they want me to dance I'll dance; If they want me to Sing I'll sing.

2. Travis Kaoulla profile image89

And thank you for your response!

5. ronny2005 profile image77
    ronny2005posted 3 years ago

Hub score doesn't only depend upon the textual content. If you have added images of poor quality, they will affect the hub score. I don't find anything lacking in that hub of yours, but you could make it even more beautiful by adding a poll. Its hub score should increase with time. Not only the content of your hub, but also its traffic affect its hub score. If your hub is not receiving any views at all, its hub score will decrease significantly.

It might also be that one or two people rated your hub poorly on Hub Hopper tool. Users usually don't go through the whole hub and rate the hub on random basis. For now, you could promote your hub on different social bookmarking sites.

Thank you for your response ronny2005! I'll make sure to keep all of these things in mind!

working