jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

To Hubpage Staff Why Is My Xmas Hub not Featured?

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

I recently wrote a Christmas hub which got the Ads straight away which I was really pleased with, and then I noticed that even now four days later I have a wacking great circle next to it in my account page saying its not Featured. Nobody is getting to see it, so can you tell me why or at least sort it out? There's nothing wrong with the hub! Thanks!

1. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nell, if you go into edit mode for the hub, it'll tell you what needs to be done in order for it to be featured.

2. AliciaC profile image96
      AliciaCposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's an interesting hub, Nell, and features some great products, but I wonder if the fact that you've listed so many items is having an effect on its being featured. I love your hubs, but it did strike me that there might be a problem with this one when I read it, since its main goal seemed to be to sell products. (Forgive me if I'm wrong!) Perhaps you could reduce the number of products and write more about each of them. Describing items that you've used and sharing your personal experience with each item might help, too. That would give the hub more substance.

3. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Nell. AliciaC may be right. It is okay to do product hubs but you should try to include some other information in there. I did an eBay toys hub recently and I added stuff like "why are toys important", "how good it feels to give a toy", and something about giving to orphanages, hospitals and so forth.

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It may not be featured but it can still be seen and read.  I just put a comment on it.

5. alancaster149 profile image86
      alancaster149posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Let me know the title of the Hub-page, and I'll take a look at it. First consultation's free, then the invoices come  Seriously though.
      Who knows, there might just be a little bit of editing involved.

6. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The "wacking great circle" means HubPages thinks you have a quality problem, and they recommend you read this, http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … y-of-a-Hub

2. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

Thanks everyone, I haven't written one of these for a while so I will go back and add info and stuff, thanks for all your help.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Its fine now, maybe they forgot to do it originally, it has the h sign now, phew!